Node.js is one of the hottest technologies for modern web development. Express.js is a web framework, which makes standard web development much easier, wrapped over core Node.js capabilities. MongoDB is a NoSQL database system based on JSON storage format. Considering JSON is the de-facto standard for data exchange across web layers, it makes all the more sense to make MongoDB a data repository. In this course, Learners will be able to explore and apply all the key features of the listed technologies and also get a hands-on experience in creating a real-life application.
- Develop server-side components using Node.js
- Implement call-backs and events
- Develop server-side components using Express.js
- Develop RESTful APIs using Express.js for Get, Post and Delete requests
- Connect to MongoDB using express/node database drivers
- Implement NoSQL database operations such as Insert, Update and Delete
- Build Web Apps
Module 1: Introduction & setup
- What is Node.js?
- Features of Node.js
- Who Uses Node.js?
- Where to Use Node.js?
- Where Not to Use Node.js?
- Installation on Windows/Linux
- Download Node.js Archive
- Local Environment Setup
- The Node.js Runtime
- Verify Installation: executing a command
Module 2: First application, REPL terminal and NPM
- Create Node.js Application
- Online REPL Terminal
- REPL Commands
- Stopping REPL
- What is Node Package Manager?
- Global vs Local Installation
- Using Package.json
- Attributes of Package.json
- Importing a Module
- Uninstalling a Module
- Updating a Module
Module 3: Node Application framework and Callback Concept
- How Node Applications Work?
- Event-Driven Programming
- What is Callback?
- Understanding blocking and non-blocking models
- Blocking Code Example
- Non-Blocking Code Example
Module 4: Node Application framework and Event Emitter Concept
- Understanding Event Emitters
- EventEmitter Class
- Handling Event emitter and binding event actions.
- Creating custom event emitters
Module 5: Introduction to Global Objects
- setTimeout(cb, ms)
- clearTimeout (t)
- setInterval(cb, ms)
- Global Objects
- Console Object
- Process Object
Module 6: Working with File System
- Synchronous v/s Asynchronous
- Open a File
- Get File Information
- Writing a File
- Reading a File
- Closing a File
- Truncate a File
- Delete a File
- Create a Directory
- Read a Directory
- Remove a Directory
- Methods Reference
Module 7: Working with Streams
- Methods Reference
- Class Methods
- What are Streams?
- Reading from a Stream
- Writing to a Stream
- Piping the Streams
- Chaining the Streams
- Creating Buffers
- Writing to Buffers
- Reading from Buffers
- Convert Buffer to JSON
- Concatenate Buffers
Module 8: Web module
- What is a Web Server?
- Web Application Architecture
- Creating a Web Server using Node
- Make a request to Node.js server
- Creating a Web client using Node
- Hello world Example
Module 9: Express Framework, RESTful API
- Express Overview
- Installing Express
- Request & Response Objects
- Basic Routing
- GET Method – Hello World
- Introduction to Express Middleware - Serving Static Files
- POST Method
- What is REST Architecture?
- Creating RESTful APIs - Get, Post, Put, Patch, Delete
- Capstone Project
Module 10: Working with MongoDB using Node JS and Express JS
- Explain what NoSQL databases are
- Explain the purpose of NoSQL databases
- Describe what MongoDB is
- Identify the schema design and data modelling techniques in MongoDB
- Explain how to insert, update and delete documents from MongoDB collection
- Introduction to Mongoose API
- Connecting to MongoDB using Mongoose
- Create Schema and Model in Mongoose
- Create Express API for
- Inserting Data using Mongoose
- Querying the DB using Mongoose
- Updating existing documents using Mongoose
- Deleting existing documents using Mongoose
- Capstone Project
Module 11: Creating your own custom module
- Creating modules
- Publishing into Node package
- Capstone Project
Instructors are handpicked from a selected group of industry experts and mentors and trained to deliver the best online learning experience. All training.com instructors have at least ten years of industry experience and extensive functional expertise in the field they train.
A test will be conducted at the end of the course. On completion of the test with a minimum of 70% marks, training.com will issue a certificate of successful completion from NIIT.
One re-attempt will be provided in case the candidate scores less than 70%.
A Participation certificate will be issued if the candidate does not score 70% after two attempts.
The prerequisites for the program are:
- It is preferred that learners have an understanding of basic Salesforce concepts and functionality, though not mandatory.
Who should do this course?
This course is intended for web developers who would like to skill up on server-side programming using Node.js, Express.js and MongoDB. A combination of the three technologies makes web development far more rich and scalable.
Will there be any project in the program?
Yes, you will be implementing a project during the course. Project will help you implement what you have learnt during the course. The details of the project will be shared in the first orientation session of the course.
What happens if I miss a session?
All the live sessions are recorded and available for later view. Learners can refer to recordings of a missed session at their convenience.
What is your refund policy?
Upon registering for the course, if for some reason you are unable or unwilling to participate in the course further, you can apply for a refund. You can initiate the refund any time before start of the second session of the course by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org , with your enrolment details and bank account details (where you want the amount to be transferred). Once you initiate a refund request, you will receive the amount within 21 days after confirmation and verification by our team. This is provided if you have not downloaded any courseware after registration.
What are the minimum system requirements to attend the program?
- Personal computer or Laptop with web camera
- Headphone with Mic
- Broadband connection with minimum bandwidth of 1mbps .however, recommend is 2 mbps.
Minimum system requirements for accessing the courses are:
A self-diagnostic test to meet necessary requirements to be done is available at
Please note that webcam, mike and internet speed cannot be verified through this link.
Is there an official support desk for technical guidance during the training program?
Yes. For immediate technical support, you can reach out on 91-9717992809 or 0124-4917203 between 9:00 AM and 8:00 PM IST. You can write to email@example.com for all other queries and our team will be happy to help you.