Joomla! 3 speeds up custom development like no other web platform. Building your own custom Joomla! components, plugins, modules, and templates has never been so easy! With this easy-to-follow, hands-on course, you can have your first component up and running today.
This video course provides you with a step-by-step tutorial for building a basic component with frontend editing. You will also learn how to build both content and search plugins for your component, how to build a module to display data from your component, and finally how to build a template using Bootstrap CSS.
The course starts by teaching you how to build a basic, bare bones component for inserting and displaying recipes using the minimum amount of code that is needed for a component. No component is complete without search and content plugins. You will start off by building standard search and smart search plugins, a content plugin for inserting our component’s data into a content item, and adding code to insert other plugins’ data into our display page. The plugins will make our recipes searchable on the site and will enable the insertion of recipes into content articles.
- Build a component to save, retrieve, and display custom data
- Add dynamic data with the model-view-controller to display the page and language file
- Add finishing touches to the component which include a router file, print view, and RSS feed
- Implement ACL in a component and add parameters to a menu item
- Add category functionality to a component
- Create a frontend editing form and add it to a component
Build a basic module and add standard field types to a module
Create search and content plugins for a custom component
Build a template that uses Bootstrap CSS
Component Development- Part I
- Getting Started with Component Development
- Adding a Database to the Component
- Displaying Dynamic Data on the Site using the Model-View-Controller
- Adding an Item View
Component Development - Part 2
- Adding a Form to the Admin Component
- Add Save and Close Buttons to the Admin Component
- Adding New and Delete Buttons to the list view
- Adding Categories to the Component
- Adding Categories to the Site Component
Component Development - Part 3
- Adding Standard Fields to the Component
- Applying the Publishing Options and Metadata
- Joomla! Router for SEF URLs
- Adding and Using the Publish Field
- Basic Bare-Bones Module
- Standard Form Field Types
- Output Form Field Data
Plugins And Languages
- Building a Content Plugin
- Building An Editor Button
- Building a Search Plugin
Component Development And Configuration
- Component Configuration Options
- Menu Item Options
- Enabling Joomla!'s Access Control List (ACL)
- The Basic Template
- Adding Module Positions
Donna Vincent has been developing websites since 2004, and she has been using the Joomla! platform since 2006. In 2009, she began developing custom Joomla! extensions for her clients. She is also an EDI and barcode programmer. Donna lives and works in the New York City area and enjoys food photography when not building websites.
A test will be conducted at the end of the course. On completion of the test with a minimum of 70% marks, training.com will issue a certificate of successful completion from NIIT.
Five re-attempts will be provided in case the candidate scores less than 70%.
A Participation certificate will be issued if the candidate does not score 70% after five attempts.
Basic web design fundamentals.
Who should go for this Course?
Individuals seeking career interactive web design and development.
Joomla designers and developers
Where can I find my session schedule?
The session schedule will be available in the training.com Student portal - Learning Plan section. You can login to your training.com account to view the same.
What is your refund policy?
Upon registering for the course, if for some reason you are unable or unwilling to participate in the course further, you can apply for a refund. You can initiate the refund any time before start of the second session of the course by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org , with your enrolment details and bank account details (where you want the amount to be transferred). Once you initiate a refund request, you will receive the amount within 21 days after confirmation and verification by our team. This is provided if you have not downloaded any courseware after registration.
Why is it called Self Paced course?
Self Paced courses are comprised of several learning videos into a course structure broken down into Learning Modules and Sessions. The learner is required to go through the videos topic-wise in the structure sequence of the course to learn the concepts. Being Self Paced, there is no intervention of any external faculty or additional mentor in learning.
Being a self paced course, how will my attendance be tracked and marked?
you login into your training.com account to watch the videos, attendance for it will be marked automatically.
How will the assessment be conducted for my certification?
After each module, a multiple choice questions type online assessment will be conducted. 5 Attempts will be allowed for the assessment to be completed. The minimum pass percentage for each assessment is 70%. On successfully clearing the assessment, a verified certificate from NIIT shall be awarded otherwise the certificate of participation will be issued.
What are the minimum system requirements to attend the course?
- Personal computer or Laptop with web camera
- Headphone with Noise Clarity Microphone
- Broadband connection with minimum bandwidth of 4 mbps.
- Its recommended to use System Health Check to examine the OS details, Add in, Plugins, Camera, Mic and other external devices.
Minimum system requirements for accessing the courses are:
Is there an official support desk for technical guidance during the training program?
Yes.For immediate technical support during the live online classroom sessions, you can call 91-9717992809 or 0124-4917203 between 9:00 AM and 8:00 PM IST. You can write to email@example.com for all other queries and our team will be happy to help you.