Solr is the popular, blazing fast open source enterprise search platform from the Apache Lucene project. Solr is highly scalable, providing distributed search and index replication, and it powers the search and navigation features of many of the world's largest internet sites. This course will impart to you the level of understanding required to properly configure, implement, and maintain Apache Solr for an enterprise-level application.
Getting started with Apache Solr Search Server shows you how to implement the world’s leading open-source search solution with advice from an expert in the field. You will discover Solr’s many hidden features via interactive learning and configure your own Solr instance according to your business needs. This course can be followed along at home with an open-source web application you can download and run. Make search interactive and proactive with faceting, match highlighting, spell-checking, and result grouping.
- Configure your Solr instance for your business needs
- Index data from either a database import or XML file
- Query data using both Lucene query syntax as well as the Dismax family of parsers
- Integrate Solr into a system using an easy-to-follow, easy-to-implement web application in Django
- Use spell suggest to make your search robust
- Use the MoreLikeThis request handler to deliver similar documents to an interested user
Getting Started With Solr
- Goals of the Course
- Solr and How It Works
- Solr's Relative Strengths
- Installing Solr
Administration And Configuration
- Learning about the Solr Admin
- Learning about the Schema File
- The Config File
- Navigating the Schema Browser
Manipulating The Index
- The Update Handler
- Deleting and Updating Data
- Configuring the Data Import Handler
Querying The Index – The Basics
- Querying the Index – Basic Query Syntax
- The Anatomy of a Response
- Additional Query Parameters
Understanding The Document Schema
- Understanding Field Type Definitions
- Analyzers and Filters
- Understanding a Document Schema
- Understanding the Config File
- Understanding Request Handlers
- Default Request Handlers
Solr In Practice – A Use Case
- Solr in Practice – a Use Case
- Solr in Practice – Determining a Schema from Business Requirements
- Solr in Practice – Faceting
- Advanced Solr – Grouping
- Advanced Solr – Text Highlighting
- Evaluating Your ClassifierAdvanced Solr – Spelling Suggest
- Advanced Solr – MoreLikeThis Tips and Tricks
Robert Elwell is a search expert living in the San Francisco Bay Area, where he currently works for Wikia. He has an M.A. in Linguistics from the University of Texas at Austin, where he studied machine learning, information retrieval, and discourse parsing. Robert has implemented Lucene- and Solr-based search solutions for Offers.com, Staff.com, and Wikia. Robert’s enthusiasm for a variety of topics in web application development and computational linguistics are documented at his personal website, http://robertelwell.info.
A test will be conducted at the end of the course. On completion of the test with a minimum of 70% marks, training.com will issue a certificate of successful completion from NIIT.
Five re-attempts will be provided in case the candidate scores less than 70%.
A Participation certificate will be issued if the candidate does not score 70% after five attempts.
Primary exposure to Enterprise Java.
Preferably Linux experience but Windows experience is not a deterrant as long as aspirant has basic knowledge of Java and Databases.
Who should go for this Course?
Any individual aspiring to build career in database indexing using Java over versatile Operating System Platform (preferably Linux).
Database indexing schema professionals.
Professionals having a few years' experience in Java and Linux.
Where can I find my session schedule?
The session schedule will be available in the training.com Student portal - Learning Plan section. You can login to your training.com account to view the same.
What is your refund policy?
Upon registering for the course, if for some reason you are unable or unwilling to participate in the course further, you can apply for a refund. You can initiate the refund any time before start of the second session of the course by sending an email to email@example.com , with your enrolment details and bank account details (where you want the amount to be transferred). Once you initiate a refund request, you will receive the amount within 21 days after confirmation and verification by our team. This is provided if you have not downloaded any courseware after registration.
Why is it called Self Paced course?
Self Paced courses are comprised of several learning videos into a course structure broken down into Learning Modules and Sessions. The learner is required to go through the videos topic-wise in the structure sequence of the course to learn the concepts. Being Self Paced, there is no intervention of any external faculty or additional mentor in learning.
Being a self paced course, how will my attendance be tracked and marked?
you login into your training.com account to watch the videos, attendance for it will be marked automatically.
How will the assessment be conducted for my certification?
After each module, a multiple choice questions type online assessment will be conducted. 5 Attempts will be allowed for the assessment to be completed. The minimum pass percentage for each assessment is 70%. On successfully clearing the assessment, a verified certificate from NIIT shall be awarded otherwise the certificate of participation will be issued.
What are the minimum system requirements to attend the course?
- Personal computer or Laptop with web camera
- Headphone with Noise Clarity Microphone
- Broadband connection with minimum bandwidth of 4 mbps.
- Its recommended to use System Health Check to examine the OS details, Add in, Plugins, Camera, Mic and other external devices.
Minimum system requirements for accessing the courses are:
Is there an official support desk for technical guidance during the training program?
Yes.For immediate technical support during the live online classroom sessions, you can call 91-9717992809 or 0124-4917203 between 9:00 AM and 8:00 PM IST. You can write to firstname.lastname@example.org for all other queries and our team will be happy to help you.