This comprehensive hands-on course is a must for new application developers who want to create custom Force.com applications or customize existing Salesforce applications. Participants will learn how to use the declarative “clicks not code” capabilities of the Force.com cloud platform to create new applications and Force.com pages (Visualforce) and components to create custom interfaces.
When you complete this course, you’ll be able to:
- Build and customize multi-user cloud applications with just clicks
- Define an application’s data model
- Customize the user interface
- Create advanced workflows and validation rules
- Automate business processes
- Manage your data
- Develop a custom user interface with Force.com pages
Designing Applications on Force.com
- Data Model and Navigation
- Help & Training
- Learn about factors to consider when building a data model.
- Develop custom objects and fields, encrypted fields, field help and field history tracking.
- Use master-detail, lookup, and many-to-many relationships.
- Create a user interface for custom applications using the custom object tab, page layout, and customization options.
- Set field attributes on the page layout.
- Use custom object queues and event-based workflow rules with field update actions.
- Develop custom formulas and validation rules
Designing Applications for Multiple Users
- Learn about factors to consider when designing applications for multiple users.
- Create profiles, understand what a profile controls (including data access), and customize profiles to manage the user experience.
- Create and customize permission sets to manage the user experience.
- Customize the user experience with record types and page layouts
- Control access to records.
- Employ organization-wide defaults (OWDs), sharing rules and levels, roles, public groups, and manual share.
- Apply profiles, OWDs, role hierarchy, and sharing to restrict access to sensitive data.
- Apply OWDs, public groups, and manual sharing to create conditional access to data.
- Analyze suitability of field-level security, page layouts, and record types to satisfy business requirements
Implementing Business Processes
- Use the VLOOKUP, REGEX, ISCHANGED, ISNEW, and PRIORVALUE functions to build business processes.
- Use validation rules to enforce conditional required behavior.
- Use functions to enforce data format and data consistency.
- Implement multi-step approval workflows and escalations to automate business processes.
- Create parallel approval processes and approval processes with dynamic approval routing.
- Use outbound messages as part of an approval process.
- Establish approval process criteria with cross-object formulas.
- Set up field history tracking to audit processes.
- Learn techniques to prevent or record data changes.
- Learn when and how to use upsert.
- Use data management tools and the capabilities of API-based tools.
- Use the Force.com data loader to create mapping files and to upsert data
- Learn about the capabilities of Force.com pages.
- Incorporate Force.com pages into Salesforce CRM.
- Construct expression bindings and incorporate Salesforce CRM into Force.com pages with components.
- Use Force.com pages components to create page layouts, input forms, output tables, custom components, and more.
- Learn about the functionality that comes with Force.com pages standard controllers.
- Find out when Force.com code is required for creating custom controllers or extensions
All our instructor have at least ten years of industry experience and extensive functional expertise in the fields that they teach. Instructor are handpicked from a selected group of industry experts and mentors, and trained to deliver a great online learning experience.
Course Participation Certificate from NIIT
Course Participation Soft Certificate from OEM
The prerequisites include a solid understanding of basic Salesforce concepts and functionality and completion of the following online courses, which are available at www.salesforce.com or, for salesforce.com customers, right from the Help Site in Salesforce:
- Getting Started: Navigating Salesforce
- Getting Started: Using the Sales Cloud
Who should join this course?
Building Applications with Force.com is designed for application developers who want an in-depth understanding of how to use the declarative capabilities of the Force.com platform to create custom applications and Force.com pages to create custom interfaces. This course provides the foundation for developers who need to know how to leverage these capabilities for rapid development and to prepare for learning Force.com code (Apex) and Force.com page controllers.
Why should I join this course?
This course is for new application developers who want to create custom Force.com applications or customize existing Salesforce applications. Participants will learn how to use the declarative “clicks not code” capabilities of the Force.com cloud platform to create new applications and Force.com pages (Visualforce) and components to create custom interfaces.
What are the class/session timings?
Mon-Fri - 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Do you provide any study materials?
The faculty will share relevant reference material and links through our discussion forum and through the batch email list.
What happens if I miss a session?
In additions to the study material, we provide you with recordings of each session that you can view anytime you want. So if you miss any live class, you may refer to the recordings of that session.
What is your refund policy?
After registering for the program if for some reason you are unable or unwilling to participate in the program then you can apply for a refund. You can initiate refund any time before the 2nd session of the course After registering for the program if for some reason you are unable or unwilling to participate in the program then you can apply for a refund. You can initiate refund anytime before the second session of the course by sending a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your enrolment details and bank account details (where you want the amount to be transferred). Once you initiate a refund request you will receive the amount within 21 days after confirmation of refund request.This is provided you have not downloaded any courseware for the course.
What are the minimum system requirements to attend the program?
- A PC/Laptop
- Web Cam
- Headphone with Mic
- Min 1MBPS broadband connection
- This self-diagnostic test will verify if you meet the necessary requirements (webcam, mike and internet speed cannot be verified through this link) https://na1cps.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm