This comprehensive hands-on course is a must for new application developers who want to create custom Force.com applications or customize existing Salesforce applications. Participants will learn how to use the declarative “clicks not code” capabilities of the Force.com cloud platform to create new applications and Force.com pages (Visualforce) and components to create custom interfaces.
When you complete this course, you’ll be able to:
- Build and customize multi-user cloud applications with just clicks
- Define an application’s data model
- Customize the user interface
- Create advanced workflows and validation rules
- Automate business processes
- Manage your data
- Develop a custom user interface with Force.com pages
Designing Applications on Force.com
- Data Model and Navigation
- Help & Training
- Learn about factors to consider when building a data model
- Develop custom objects and fields, encrypted fields, field help and field history tracking
- Use master-detail, lookup, and many-to-many relationships.
- Create a user interface for custom applications using the custom object tab, page layout, and customization options
- Set field attributes on the page layout
- Use custom object queues and event-based workflow rules with field update actions
- Develop custom formulas and validation rules
Designing Applications for Multiple Users
- Learn about factors to consider when designing applications for multiple users
- Create profiles, understand what a profile controls (including data access), and customize profiles to manage the user experience
- Create and customize permission sets to manage the user experience
- Customize the user experience with record types and page layouts
- Control access to records
- Employ organization-wide defaults (OWDs), sharing rules and levels, roles, public groups, and manual share
- Apply profiles, OWDs, role hierarchy, and sharing to restrict access to sensitive data
- Apply OWDs, public groups, and manual sharing to create conditional access to data
- Analyze suitability of field-level security, page layouts, and record types to satisfy business requirements
Implementing Business Processes
- Use the VLOOKUP, REGEX, ISCHANGED, ISNEW, and PRIORVALUE functions to build business processes
- Use validation rules to enforce conditional required behavior
- Use functions to enforce data format and data consistency
- Implement multi-step approval workflows and escalations to automate business processes
- Create parallel approval processes and approval processes with dynamic approval routing
- Use outbound messages as part of an approval process
- Establish approval process criteria with cross-object formulas
- Set up field history tracking to audit processes
- Learn techniques to prevent or record data changes
- Learn when and how to use upsert
- Use data management tools and the capabilities of API-based tools
- Use the Force.com data loader to create mapping files and to upsert data
- Learn about the capabilities of Force.com pages
- Incorporate Force.com pages into Salesforce CRM
- Construct expression bindings and incorporate Salesforce CRM into Force.com pages with components
- Use Force.com pages components to create page layouts, input forms, output tables, custom components, and more
- Learn about the functionality that comes with Force.com pages standard controllers
- Find out when Force.com code is required for creating custom controllers or extensions
Instructors are handpicked from a selected group of industry experts and mentors and trained to deliver the best online learning experience. All training.com instructors have at least ten years of industry experience and extensive functional expertise in the field they train.
A test will be conducted at the end of the course. On completion of the test with a minimum of 70% marks, training.com will issue a certificate of successful completion from NIIT.
One re-attempt will be provided in case the candidate scores less than 70%.
A Participation certificate will be issued if the candidate does not score 70% after two attempts.
The prerequisites for the program are:
- It is preferred that learners have an understanding of basic Salesforce concepts and functionality, though not mandatory.
Who should join this course?
This course is designed for software application developers who want an in-depth understanding of how to use the declarative capabilities of the Force.com platform to create custom applications and Force.com pages to create custom interfaces.
This course provides the foundation for developers who need to know how to leverage capabilities for rapid development.
Why should I join this course?
This course is for new application developers who want to create custom Force.com applications or customize existing Salesforce applications.
Participants will learn how to use the declarative “clicks not code” capabilities of the Force.com cloud platform to create new applications and Force.com pages (Visualforce) and components to build custom interfaces.
What are the class/session timings?
Classes will be scheduled Monday – Friday between 11:00 AM to 04:00 PM (IST).
Do you provide any study materials?
Relevant reference material and web links will be shared with the candidates through our discussion forum and batch email list
What happens if I miss a session?
All the live sessions are recorded and available for later view. Learners can refer to recordings of a missed session at their convenience.
What is your refund policy?
Upon registering for the course, if for some reason you are unable or unwilling to participate in the course further, you can apply for a refund. You can initiate the refund any time before start of the second session of the course by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org , with your enrolment details and bank account details (where you want the amount to be transferred). Once you initiate a refund request, you will receive the amount within 21 days after confirmation and verification by our team. This is provided if you have not downloaded any courseware after registration.
What are the minimum system requirements to attend the program?
- Personal computer or Laptop with web camera
- Headphone with Mic
- Broadband connection with minimum bandwidth of 1 Mbps .However, recommend is 2 Mbps.
Minimum system requirements for accessing the courses are:
A self-diagnostic test to meet necessary requirements to be done is available at
Please note that webcam, mike and internet speed cannot be verified through this link.
Is there an official support desk for technical guidance during the training program?
Yes. For immediate technical support, you can reach out on 91-9717992809 or 0124-4917203 between 9:00 AM and 8:00 PM IST. You can write to email@example.com for all other queries and our team will be happy to help you.