This comprehensive hands-on course is a must for new Salesforce administrators. Administration Essentials for New Admins is the core training that ensures your success with Salesforce. For maximum benefit, we recommend administrators take this course before starting a Salesforce deployment or when taking over an existing deployment.
When you complete this course, you’ll be able to:
- Customize your application, including page layouts, fields, tabs, and business processes.
- Create a secure Salesforce environment.
- Maintain and import clean data.
- Create high-value reports and dashboards.
- Setup workflow automation.
Getting Around the App
- Data Model and Navigation
- Help & Training
Setting Up the User Interface
- Setting Up the UI and Search Options
Getting Your Organization Ready for Users
- Setting Up the Company Profile
- Configuring the UI
- Configuring Search Settings
Setting Up and Managing Users
- Managing User Profiles
- Managing Users
- Troubleshooting Login Issues
Security and Data Access
- Restricting Logins
- Determining Object Access
- Setting Up Record Access
- Creating a Role Hierarchy
- Dealing with Record Access Exceptions
- Managing field-level security
- Administrating Standard Fields
- Creating New Custom Fields
- Creating Selection Fields: Picklists and Lookups
- Creating Formula Fields
- Working with Page Layouts
- Working with Record Types and Business Processes
- Maintaining data quality
- Import Wizards
- Data Loader
- Mass Transfer
- Backing Up Data
- Mass Delete and the Recycle Bin
Reports and Dashboards
- Running and Modifying Reports
- Creating New Reports with the Report Builder
- Working with Report Filters
- Summarizing with Formulas and Visual Summaries
- Printing, Exporting, and Emailing Reports
- Building Dashboards
- Workflow Rules
- Lead and Case Automation
- Chatter and Chatter Free
- Email Administration and Email Templates
- Tracking Tasks and Event
- Automating Support
- Understanding the Service Cloud Console
- Collaborating in the Service Cloud
- Analyzing Support Data: Support Reports and Dashboards
All our instructor have at least ten years of industry experience and extensive functional expertise in the fields that they teach. Instructor are handpicked from a selected group of industry experts and mentors, and trained to deliver a great online learning experience.
Course Participation Certificate from NIIT
Course Participation Soft Certificate from OEM
The prerequisites include a solid understanding of basic Salesforce concepts and functionality and completion of the following online courses, which are available at www.salesforce.com or, for salesforce.com customers, right from the Help Site in Salesforce:
- Getting Started: Navigating Salesforce
- Getting Started: Using the Sales Cloud
Who Should join this course?
Administration Essentials for New Admins is designed for new system administrators responsible for the setup, configuration, and maintenance of their organizations’ Salesforce applications. Other groups that benefit from this course include power users, sales operations, and IT managers. Note that administrators of Salesforce Professional Edition should take Administration Essentials (Professional Edition).
Note: You can take this course either in person or via our virtual classroom. Participants can save travel expenses by taking the class virtually. Both formats provide demonstrations, hands-on exercises, and personal attention from the instructor as well as interaction with your peers. For the virtual class, all you need is a Web browser and a telephone to watch, listen, and get handson experience with the application.
Why should I join this course?
This course is for new Salesforce administrators. Administration Essentials for New Admins ensures your success with Salesforce.
What are the class/session timings?
Mon-Fri - 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Do you provide any study materials?
The faculty will share relevant reference material and links through our discussion forum and through the batch email list.
What happens if I miss a session?
In additions to the study material, we provide you with recordings of each session that you can view anytime you want. So if you miss any live class, you may refer to the recordings of that session.
What is your refund policy?
After registering for the program if for some reason you are unable or unwilling to participate in the program then you can apply for a refund. You can initiate refund any time before the 2nd session of the course After registering for the program if for some reason you are unable or unwilling to participate in the program then you can apply for a refund. You can initiate refund anytime before the second session of the course by sending a mail to email@example.com with your enrolment details and bank account details (where you want the amount to be transferred). Once you initiate a refund request you will receive the amount within 21 days after confirmation of refund request.This is provided you have not downloaded any courseware for the course.
What are the minimum system requirements to attend the program?
- A PC/Laptop
- Web Cam
- Headphone with Mic
- Min 1MBPS broadband connection
- This self-diagnostic test will verify if you meet the necessary requirements (webcam, mike and internet speed cannot be verified through this link) https://na1cps.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm