Under the DigiNxt Program Series , NIIT is launching “Open Source Web Apps Development with MEAN Stack “- focused on imparting skills for Full Stack Development.
The program of Open Source Web Apps Development with MEAN Stack is meant for STEM Graduates and it is designed to produce industry ready candidates for placement.
The program will encompass the various aspects of Web app development and covers the following objectives:
- Create and consume Web services using RestAPI
- Implement various testing tools, such as Mocha, Chai, Jasmine, and Protractor while developing Web apps
HTML5 & CSS3
- Create an HTML Web page
- Enhance Web pages
- Work with tables and frames
- Add interactivity to Web pages
- Create dynamic Web pages
- Work with graphics
- Add visual effects to Web pages using JQuery
- Implement geolocation and offline support for data
- Create websites for different form factors
- Manipulate and traverse HTML DOM using jQuery
- Implement jQuery events and AJAX functionality
- Create websites using Bootstrap
- Use jQuery Mobile to create cross-platform Web applications
- Create Web workers & Web sockets
- Implement functions
- Troubleshoot programming problems
- Work with three layers of the Web
- Work with Document Object Model (DOM)
- Create dynamic styles
- Create animation on a Web page
- Use regular expressions for form validation
- Debug using firebug
- Create an XMLHttpRequest Object
Bootstrap & LESS/STYLUS
- Understand Bootstrap
- Work with Bootstrap Grid System
- Create Layouts with Bootstrap
- Work with CSS & Skins
- Create responsive Web design with Bootstrap
- Understand LESS and SASS
- Customizing Bootstrap with LESS
- Implement Bootstrap layout components
- Setup Node JS Environment & Package Manager
- Implement Callbacks, Events and Event Loop
- Work with Streams and Buffers
- Understand Express Framework
- Implement database connectivity
- Handle events
- Implement asynchronous callbacks and streams
- Implement code modularization
- Build scalable applications using built-in APIs
- Build Web applications using Express.js
- Build views using Jade view engine
- Implement authentication and authorization
- Build real-time applications using WebSockets and Socket.io
- Setup Node.js framework
- Work with Express.js Generator, Configuration, and Routers
- Understand & Implement Middleware, Jade Template Engine, Stylus CSS library, RESTful API, Express.js API, GET, POST, PUT and DELETE, Request, Response
- Implement error handlers
- Using Mocha framework for Test-driven development (TDD) and Behavior-driven development (BDD)
- Create Web services using RestAPI
- Consume Web services using RestAPI
MongoDB & Mongoose
- Why MongoDB and NoSQL
- Understanding NoSQL and CAP Theorem, MongoDB Database, Mongoose ODM (Optional)
- Understanding and implementing Schema, Model, Validation Hooks, Virtuals
- Understand and implement MongoDB shell (mongo), MongoDB Native Driver (mongodb), MongoDB on Heroku: MongoHQ, MongoDB BSON data types
- Implement MongoDB BSON data types
- Implement Message Board REST API: MongoDB Version
- Conceptual Overview
- Implement Data Binding, Controllers, Services, Scopes, Dependency Injection, Templates, Expressions, Filters, Forms, Directives, Animations, Modules
- Understand role of HTML Compiler, Providers, Bootstrap, Unit Testing, E2E Testing
- Use location service
- Work With CSS,i18n and l10n,Internet Explorer Compatibility
Integration & Deployment Tools
All our instructor have at least ten years of industry experience and extensive functional expertise in the fields that they teach. Instructor are handpicked from a selected group of industry experts and mentors, and trained to deliver a great online learning experience.
NIIT Graded/Participation Certificate titled "Professional Diploma in Digital Transformation - Open Source Web Apps Development with MEAN Stack"
- Class X and XII >=55%
- Prior knowledge of at least One OOPS based computer language is preferred
Who should join this course?
Graduates and Undergraduates in STEM ( Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths )
Why is this course unique?
This course uses the student-focused pedagogy of Project-based learning. Project-based learning enables the students to implement the objectives of the course from Day-1. Moreover the students spend atleast 70% of their time on project work during the course.
Why Project-based learning?
- Project-based Learning (PBL) makes training more engaging for students. Today’s students, more than ever, often find learning to be boring and meaningless. In PBL, students are active, not passive; a project engages their hearts and minds, and provides real-world relevance for learning.
- PBL improves learning. After completing a project, students understand content more deeply, remember what they learn and retain it longer than is often the case with traditional instruction. Because of this, students who gain content knowledge with PBL are better able to apply what they know and can do to new situations.
- PBL builds success skills for career, and life. In the 21st century workplace success requires more than basic knowledge and skills. In a project, students learn how to take initiative and responsibility, build their confidence, solve problems, work in teams, communicate ideas, and manage themselves more effectively.
- PBL helps address standards. The development of success skills such as critical thinking/problem solving, collaboration, communication in a variety of media, and speaking and presentation skills. PBL is an effective way to meet these goals.
- PBL makes teaching more enjoyable and rewarding. Projects allow teachers to work more closely with active, engaged students doing high-quality, meaningful work, and in many cases to rediscover the joy of learning alongside their students.
- PBL connects students with the real world. Projects provide students with empowering opportunities to make a difference, by solving real problems and addressing real issues.
Which projects are used in the course?
2 projects that would be used during the upcoming batch are
- Online Ticket Booking: The project on Online Ticket Booking, enables a learner to implement the various aspects of developing E-Booking Web Apps.
- Online Cab Booking: The project on Online Cab Booking enables a learner to develop a Web/Mobile app that allows customers to book cabs online.
What learning resources are available?
- Expert Faculty - Recognized practitioner experienced in related field interacting with students and Technical Mentors from NIIT’s Synchronous Learning platform. Apart from guiding students on concepts and its implementation, he will pose challenges to students to take up daily and weekly task leading to Project being developed.
- Personal Tech Mentors - Experienced Faculty at centre who will facilitate Project Development and help to remove obstacles that are impeding the projects progress. The student and the mentor will work as a Team to overcome the challenges and achieve desired outcomes.
- Videos/Dynamic Content - Learners can understand lecture content at their own pace and explore content more deeply during class time; Can view complex topics/demos as many times as needed.
- Reference Material - Material referred by a student to obtain answers to queries generated during the learning process. Students can refer to different types of reference material, such as video, ebooks, and web links.
- GitHub - Daily code created to be shared on GitHub which will be monitored by Tech Mentor. GitHub is a web-based Git repository hosting service. It offers all of the distributed revision control and source code management (SCM) functionality of Git as well as adding its own features.