Swift 2 generates faster code across the board, both for release and debug builds. With Swift programmers having half as many code as other code files to maintain and zero manual code synchronization, Swift has experienced unprecedented growth in popularity among developers. In this course, we'll explore the MVC and Singleton design patterns, you'll see how to consume third-party APIs using asynchronous requests, and we'll look at some of the most used controls in iOS development.
This course provideS all you need to know to develop iOS and OS X applications. You'll take a tour of the fundamental concepts, and learn how to develop iOS, tvOS, watchOS, and OS X applications.
We'll kickstart your learning skills as you work with one of the most used dependency managers in iOS, Cocoapods, to install third-party libraries such as Alamofire and SwiftyJSON to deal with JSON and networking requests. You'll see how to structure your project with the MVC design pattern and implement a second view controller to display data and details of your application. It doesn’t end there, as we'll also explore Swift in Linux and the new Package Manager.
- Explore the fundamentals of Swift 2 to help you write applications with complex paradigms and patterns of programming
- Integrate third-party libraries using CocoaPods
- Work with TableViews, ScrollViews, NavigationController, and SearchControllers to display data in a user-friendly way
- Get familiar with Alamofire to make web requests to third-party APIs.
- Create a zoom in/out effect for photos using ScrollView
- Adopt error handling in your projects using Enums
- Understand the MVC design pattern linked with iOS development
- Keep up with the latest advances with Swift in Linux and the new Package Manager
- The Course Overview
- Why Choose Swift 2 over Objective-C?
- Installing and Setting Up the XCode IDE
- Beginning with Playgrounds
- Variables and Constants
- Control Flow and Conditional Statements
- Functions and Closures
- Arrays and Dictionaries
Start Building The App
- Setting Up our Project
- Defining the Structure of the iOS App
- Building the User Interface
- Installing and Setting up the Dependency Manager CocoaPods
Getting And Parsing The Data
- Setting up the RequestManager class
- Making the web request to get our data
- Parsing the JSON using SwiftyJSON
Displaying The Data And Details
- The UITableViewController
- Setting Up the Search bar
- Setting the Data for Each Cell in Code
- Setting Up the DetailViewController Class
- Passing the Selected Cell Data to Another Controller
- Making zoom in/out of the Photos
- Searching Photos in the API
Advanced Topics – Optimizing The App
- Caching Photos
- Making the Request on Demand
- Adopting Error Handling for the Requests
- Swift in Linux and the New Package Manager
Victor Sigler is an iOS Software Engineer with experience in developing consumer and enterprise mobile applications for iPhones, iPads, and the Apple Watch. He has worked with Swift since Apple announced its release in the 2014 WWDC.
He loves everything related to Apple and is passionate about Swift and the world of programming contests and has spent a lot of time developing in C++. Victor also enjoys writing about iOS development on his blog http://www.vsigler.com and helping people with their questions on Stack Overflow.
He has worked as technical reviewer for Packt Publishing on Swift 2 Design Patterns and Boost.Asio C++ Network Programming Cookbook. He can be found on Twitter as @Vkt0r.
A test will be conducted at the end of the course. On completion of the test with a minimum of 70% marks, training.com will issue a certificate of successful completion from NIIT.
Five re-attempts will be provided in case the candidate scores less than 70%.
A Participation certificate will be issued if the candidate does not score 70% after five attempts.
Knowledge of basic mobile app design and development approach. Working knowledge of iOS and Interface
Who should go for this Course?
iOS Application Developers engaged in development of mobile apps of almost all varieties ranging from game apps to business and enterprise mobile apps.
Where can I find my session schedule?
The session schedule will be available in the training.com Student portal - Learning Plan section. You can login to your training.com account to view the same.
What is your refund policy?
Upon registering for the course, if for some reason you are unable or unwilling to participate in the course further, you can apply for a refund. You can initiate the refund any time before start of the second session of the course by sending an email to email@example.com , with your enrolment details and bank account details (where you want the amount to be transferred). Once you initiate a refund request, you will receive the amount within 21 days after confirmation and verification by our team. This is provided if you have not downloaded any courseware after registration.
Why is it called Self Paced course?
Self Paced courses are comprised of several learning videos into a course structure broken down into Learning Modules and Sessions. The learner is required to go through the videos topic-wise in the structure sequence of the course to learn the concepts. Being Self Paced, there is no intervention of any external faculty or additional mentor in learning.
Being a self paced course, how will my attendance be tracked and marked?
you login into your training.com account to watch the videos, attendance for it will be marked automatically.
How will the assessment be conducted for my certification?
After each module, a multiple choice questions type online assessment will be conducted. 5 Attempts will be allowed for the assessment to be completed. The minimum pass percentage for each assessment is 70%. On successfully clearing the assessment, a verified certificate from NIIT shall be awarded otherwise the certificate of participation will be issued.
What are the minimum system requirements to attend the course?
- Personal computer or Laptop with web camera
- Headphone with Mic
- Minimum 4 Mbps broadband connection
Minimum system requirements for accessing the courses are:
Is there an official support desk for technical guidance during the training program?
Yes.For immediate technical support during the live online classroom sessions, you can call 91-9717992809 or 0124-4917203 between 9:00 AM and 8:00 PM IST. You can write to firstname.lastname@example.org for all other queries and our team will be happy to help you.