Java platform is one such versatile technology that is used to develop apps for different types of devices. It is the foundation for virtually every type of apps. It is the global standard for developing and delivering mobile apps, games, smart cards and practically any other digital device. It powers state-of-the-art programs including set-top boxes, printers, webcams, car navigation systems, and parking payment stations. In addition, provides APIs to create rich and interactive web apps for various businesses, such as E-commerce and financial institutes.
NIIT under its DigiNxt Program Series is launching the “Java Enterprise Apps with Dev Ops” focused on imparting Product Engineering skills.
The program of Java Enterprise Apps with Dev Ops is meant for STEM Graduates and it is designed to produce industry ready candidates for placement.
The program using the student centered pedagogy of Project Based Learning will encompass the various aspects of enterprise app development and covers the following objectives:
- Understand and implement object-oriented concepts using Java technology programs
- Write SQL queries to retrieve, manage, and manipulate data
- Build persistent and loosely coupled Web apps using Hibernate and Spring technologies
- Build RESTFull Web Services
- Build high quality Web/enterprise apps by using DevOps platform
- Identify the features of object orientation
- Create object-oriented Java applications
- Use decision-making constructs and loop constructs
- Implement collection framework
- Implement error handling and IO functionality
- Manipulate files, directories and file system
- Test applications using JUnit
- Process strings using regular expressions
- Implement multi-threading and localization
- Retrieve, summarize, and group data
- Use functions to customize the result set
- Query data by using joins and subqueries
- Manage databases, tables, and result sets
- Manipulate data by using DML statements
HTML5 & CSS3
- Create an HTML Web page
- Enhance Web pages
- Work with tables and frames
- Add interactivity to Web pages
- Create dynamic Web pages
- Work with graphics
- Add visual effects to Web pages using JQuery
- Implement geolocation and offline support for data
- Create websites for different form factors
- Manipulate and traverse HTML DOM using jQuery
- Implement jQuery events and AJAX functionality
- Create websites using Bootstrap
- Use jQuery Mobile to create cross-platform Web applications
- Create Web workers & Web sockets
- Build RESTFull Web Services
- Implement Spring MVC and aspect-oriented programming approach
- Integrate the Spring framework with the JSF and Hibernate frameworks
- Implement security
- Map classes with the relational database tables
- Work with persistent objects and retrieve data from database tables
- Implement transactions and concurrency
- Manage application objects and transactions
- Identify need for DevOps
- Understand DevOps principles and use Maven scripts for building scripts
- Understand common infrastructures servers
- Perform automated installations and deployments
- Understand virtualizations concepts
All our instructor have at least ten years of industry experience and extensive functional expertise in the fields that they teach. Instructor are handpicked from a selected group of industry experts and mentors, and trained to deliver a great online learning experience.
NIIT Graded/Participation Certificate titled "Professional Diploma in Digital Transformation - Java Enterprise Apps with DevOps"
- Class X and XII >=55%
- Prior knowledge of at least One OOPS based computer language is preferred
Who should join this course?
Graduates and Undergraduates in STEM ( Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths )
Why is this course unique?
This course uses the student-focused pedagogy of Project-based learning. Project-based learning enables the students to implement the objectives of the course from Day-1. Moreover the students spend atleast 70% of their time on project work during the course.
Why Project-based learning?
- Project-based Learning (PBL) makes training more engaging for students. Today’s students, more than ever, often find learning to be boring and meaningless. In PBL, students are active, not passive; a project engages their hearts and minds, and provides real-world relevance for learning.
- PBL improves learning. After completing a project, students understand content more deeply, remember what they learn and retain it longer than is often the case with traditional instruction. Because of this, students who gain content knowledge with PBL are better able to apply what they know and can do to new situations.
- PBL builds success skills for career, and life. In the 21st century workplace success requires more than basic knowledge and skills. In a project, students learn how to take initiative and responsibility, build their confidence, solve problems, work in teams, communicate ideas, and manage themselves more effectively.
- PBL helps address standards. The development of success skills such as critical thinking/problem solving, collaboration, communication in a variety of media, and speaking and presentation skills. PBL is an effective way to meet these goals.
- PBL makes teaching more enjoyable and rewarding. Projects allow teachers to work more closely with active, engaged students doing high-quality, meaningful work, and in many cases to rediscover the joy of learning alongside their students.
- PBL connects students with the real world. Projects provide students with empowering opportunities to make a difference, by solving real problems and addressing real issues.
Which projects are used in the course?
2 projects that would be used during the upcoming batch are
- e-commerce Portal
- Collaboration Platform
1. e-commerce project: Today, e-commerce across the world (including India), is growing at a rapid pace. As more and more businesses are moving towards adapting e-commerce, the software development organizations are looking for professionals who can develop such diverse applications. Hence, it has become pertinent to understand how to develop applications for e-commerce industry.
The project on e-commerce, enables a learner to implement the various aspects of developing e-Commerce applications. A functioning e-commerce site needs to have various key features like
- Attractive Web pages
- Responsive web pages
- Web pages with giving details of products
- Web-pages with various views like “company-wise”, “Price-wise”, “Feature-wise”, “comparisons with similar products” etc.
- Light-weight or Fast-download webpages
During the course, the students would develop an e-commerce web store with the above functionalities for a specific product vertical like Online Music or Tickets.
2. Collaborative Platform Project: In today’s digital age, various collaboration tools exist to help two or more people to reach a common goal. The project focuses on creating a collaboration tool that can be used by multiple people – irrespective of their geographical location. The common features you will find in collaboration sites are
- Communication like voicemail / Instant Messaging / VoIP/ video call
- Shared whiteboards
- Group calendar
- News groups
- Chat rooms etc
A collaborative web site helps in reaching an output & accelerates networking effect. The output further gets enhanced valuable over time through contributions. For example in open source contribution, Users build on what others have created, collaborate on new content, and work faster.
What learning resources are available?
- Expert Faculty - Recognized practitioner experienced in related field interacting with students and Technical Mentors from NIIT’s Synchronous Learning platform. Apart from guiding students on concepts and its implementation, he will pose challenges to students to take up daily and weekly task leading to Project being developed.
- Personal Tech Mentors - Experienced Faculty at centre who will facilitate Project Development and help to remove obstacles that are impeding the projects progress. The student and the mentor will work as a Team to overcome the challenges and achieve desired outcomes.
- Videos/Dynamic Content - Learners can understand lecture content at their own pace and explore content more deeply during class time; Can view complex topics/demos as many times as needed.
- Reference Material - Material referred by a student to obtain answers to queries generated during the learning process. Students can refer to different types of reference material, such as video, ebooks, and web links.
- GitHub - Daily code created to be shared on GitHub which will be monitored by Tech Mentor. GitHub is a web-based Git repository hosting service. It offers all of the distributed revision control and source code management (SCM) functionality of Git as well as adding its own features.