Test automation, a formalized testing process, can automate repetitive but necessary tasks that would be difficult to do manually.
This video is a practical step-by-step guide to developing UI test automation frameworks from scratch, and is targeted at Java developers. We’ll explore Web Driver, Appium (for mobile applications), and Cucumber-JVM. While working through the video, you will master the step-by-step test automation framework development process and see how it changes the shape of tests. At the end you will have a vision of what a framework is, what it looks like, and what items should be covered at the beginning of test automation development.
- Available framework types and what they look like
- Practical steps to building a framework from scratch
- Typical solutions for typical problems with UI automation
- Improve a framework when the entire test automation solution gets more complicated
- Recommend each step in framework creation/improvement
- Real-life example of the UI test automation framework with Java
Installation And Setup
- The Course Overview
- Setting Up the Tools
Writing Sample Tests
- Sample Scenarios Creation
- Adding Configuration
- Data-Drive Tests
- Adapt Tests for Parallel Execution
Wrapping Controls And Pages
- General Idea, Overview, and Main Design
- Wrapping Controls
- Wrapping Pages
- Adding Page Factory
- Generating Screenshots
Complex Cases For Pages And Elements
- Platform-Specific Identifiers
- Customizing Control Interaction
- Dealing with Sub-Elements
- Additional Verification Functionality
- Major Concepts of Object-Driven Framework
- Creating Object-Driven Engine
- Transferring Data between Steps
- Applying the Approach to Tests
- General Introduction to the Approach and Cucumber-JVM
- Giving Informative Names to Pages and Elements
- Major Set of Keywords to Implement
- Additional Keywords for Compound Elements
More Tricky Functionality
- Transferring Data between Steps
- Evaluating Expressions
- Parallelize Cucumber-JVM
- Integrating with External Systems
- Final Overview and What’s Next
Mykola has been working in test automation since 2004. He has been involved with various activities including creating test automation solutions from scratch, leading test automation teams, and working as a consultant with test automation processes. During his working career, he has had experience with different test automation tools such as Mercury WinRunner, MicroFocus SilkTest, SmartBear TestComplete, Selenium-RC, WebDriver, Appium, SoapUI, BDD frameworks, and many other different engines and solutions. He has had experience with multiple programming technologies based on Java, C#, Ruby, and so on, and with different domain areas such as healthcare, mobile, telecoms, social networking, business process modeling, performance and talent management, multimedia, e-commerce, and investment banking.
A test will be conducted at the end of the course. On completion of the test with a minimum of 70% marks, training.com will issue a certificate of successful completion from NIIT.
Five re-attempts will be provided in case the candidate scores less than 70%.
A Participation certificate will be issued if the candidate does not score 70% after five attempts.
Basic knowledge of Core Java.
Know how of fundamental testing process.
Who should go for this Course?
Any aspirant looking forward to build a promising career in Automated Testing through UI. Software application professionals working on legacy testing frameworks and looking forward to hone up skills in innovative testing approach.
Where can I find my session schedule?
The session schedule will be available in the training.com Student portal - Learning Plan section. You can login to your training.com account to view the same.
What is your refund policy?
Upon registering for the course, if for some reason you are unable or unwilling to participate in the course further, you can apply for a refund. You can initiate the refund any time before start of the second session of the course by sending an email to email@example.com , with your enrolment details and bank account details (where you want the amount to be transferred). Once you initiate a refund request, you will receive the amount within 21 days after confirmation and verification by our team. This is provided if you have not downloaded any courseware after registration.
Why is it called Self Paced course?
Self Paced courses are comprised of several learning videos into a course structure broken down into Learning Modules and Sessions. The learner is required to go through the videos topic-wise in the structure sequence of the course to learn the concepts. Being Self Paced, there is no intervention of any external faculty or additional mentor in learning.
Being a self paced course, how will my attendance be tracked and marked?
you login into your training.com account to watch the videos, attendance for it will be marked automatically.
How will the assessment be conducted for my certification?
After each module, a multiple choice questions type online assessment will be conducted. 5 Attempts will be allowed for the assessment to be completed. The minimum pass percentage for each assessment is 70%. On successfully clearing the assessment, a verified certificate from NIIT shall be awarded otherwise the certificate of participation will be issued.
What are the minimum system requirements to attend the course?
- Personal computer or Laptop with web camera
- Headphone with Noise Clarity Microphone
- Broadband connection with minimum bandwidth of 4 mbps.
- Its recommended to use System Health Check to examine the OS details, Add in, Plugins, Camera, Mic and other external devices.
Minimum system requirements for accessing the courses are:
Is there an official support desk for technical guidance during the training program?
Yes.For immediate technical support during the live online classroom sessions, you can call 91-9717992809 or 0124-4917203 between 9:00 AM and 8:00 PM IST. You can write to firstname.lastname@example.org for all other queries and our team will be happy to help you.