Swift 2 is the latest iteration of Apple's native programming language for iOS devices. If you're an aspiring iOS application developer who is looking to build apps for the App Store, you'll need to use Swift. The language boasts a vast wealth of SDKs and APIs to create applications that span from mobile to games, home automation, and its own wearable products such as the Apple Watch, meaning the sky is the limit for imaginative app developers.
Application Development with Swift 2 will show you how to turn your application ideas into reality. This course teaches you how to start developing applications for iOS by building a real iOS application with Swift 2.
We will begin by setting up with Xcode 7 before quickly jumping into building the user interface and making use of Storyboards. We'll look at many ways to enhance the user experience by implementing buttons, images, and text fields, and displaying data with Tableviews.
You will discover the power of protocols, delegation, and notifications to make your application professional and look at ways to persist user data. After that, you will see how we can stylize the application with colors, application icons, and a launch screen.
Application Development with Swift 2 will guide you through each step of the build process, giving you the tools and skills you need to create your own applications in the future.
- Get familiar with the key tools for iOS application development, and explore the Xcode environment for simplified builds
- Create simple, elegant, interfaces using Storyboards
- Understand the Model-View-Controller architecture and how it applies to iOS development, as well as other key concepts such as delegation and protocols
- Work with Tableviews to display a series of data objects in a stylish and user friendly way
- Find out how to navigate around your application and pass data from one controller to another
- Perfect your application with app icons and a launch screen
- The Course Overview
- Installing Xcode
- Registering with Apple
Exploring The Development Environment
- Creating the DreamSeekr Project
- Exploring Xcode 7
- Projects and Targets
Playing With The User Interface
- Visualizing the User Interface in Storyboards
- Auto Layout Explained
- Designing for Different Sizes
- Working with Images and Assets
Building User Interaction And Model-View-Controller
- Creating Your Model for Your Requirements
- View Lifecycle
- Hooking Up User Interaction in Your View Controller
- Working with Keyboards – Notifications and Delegate Methods
- Implementing UIImagePickerController
- Creating a Tableview
- Creating a Tableview Cell
- Loading Data into Your Tableview
- Working with Tableview Interactions
Working With Multiple View Controllers
- Embedding Your View Controllers within UINavigationController
- Navigating Around with Segues
- Passing Objects from One View Controller to Another
Completing The Project
- Adding App Icons
- Working with the DreamSeekr Launch Screen
JPaul Napier is an iOS and Android developer working at one of the largest television networks in Australia. His development background covers over a decade working through a wide area of the development stack. Though his passion lies in all things mobile and in working to encourage great project structure, code cleanliness, and the development processes.
He holds a degree in Russian and Business Studies from the University of Leeds, and his background includes sales, iOS, tvOS and Android development, as well as business analysis and social network engineering. In his spare time, he likes to create novel ideas on both iOS and Android platforms and runs an education channel on YouTube.com/MadApper to help users pick up the basics of Swift programming.
A test will be conducted at the end of the course. On completion of the test with a minimum of 70% marks, training.com will issue a certificate of successful completion from NIIT.
Five re-attempts will be provided in case the candidate scores less than 70%.
A Participation certificate will be issued if the candidate does not score 70% after five attempts.
Knowledge of basic mobile app design and development approach.
Working knowledge of iOS and Interface
Who Should join this course?
iOS Application Developers engaged in development of mobile apps of almost all varieties ranging from game apps to business and enterprise mobile apps.
Where can I find my session schedule?
The session schedule will be available in the training.com Student portal - Learning Plan section. You can login to your training.com account to view the same.
What is your refund policy?
Upon registering for the course, if for some reason you are unable or unwilling to participate in the course further, you can apply for a refund. You can initiate the refund any time before start of the second session of the course by sending an email to email@example.com , with your enrolment details and bank account details (where you want the amount to be transferred). Once you initiate a refund request, you will receive the amount within 21 days after confirmation and verification by our team. This is provided if you have not downloaded any courseware after registration.
Why is it called Self Paced course?
Self Paced courses are comprised of several learning videos into a course structure broken down into Learning Modules and Sessions. The learner is required to go through the videos topic-wise in the structure sequence of the course to learn the concepts. Being Self Paced, there is no intervention of any external faculty or additional mentor in learning.
Being a self paced course, how will my attendance be tracked and marked?
you login into your training.com account to watch the videos, attendance for it will be marked automatically.
How will the assessment be conducted for my certification?
After each module, a multiple choice questions type online assessment will be conducted. 5 Attempts will be allowed for the assessment to be completed. The minimum pass percentage for each assessment is 70%. On successfully clearing the assessment, a verified certificate from NIIT shall be awarded otherwise the certificate of participation will be issued.
What are the minimum system requirements to attend the course?
- Personal computer or Laptop with web camera
- Headphone with Noise Clarity Microphone
- Broadband connection with minimum bandwidth of 4 mbps.
- Its recommended to use System Health Check to examine the OS details, Add in, Plugins, Camera, Mic and other external devices.
Minimum system requirements for accessing the courses are:
Is there an official support desk for technical guidance during the training program?
Yes.For immediate technical support during the live online classroom sessions, you can call 91-9717992809 or 0124-4917203 between 9:00 AM and 8:00 PM IST. You can write to firstname.lastname@example.org for all other queries and our team will be happy to help you.