This course examines how to plan, configure, and manage a Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 environment. Special areas of focus include implementing high availability, disaster recovery, service application architecture, Business Connectivity Services, social computing features, productivity and collaboration platforms and features, business intelligence solutions, enterprise content management, web content management infrastructure, solutions, and apps. The course also examines how to optimize the Search experience, how to develop and implement a governance plan. and how to perform an upgrade or migration to SharePoint Server 2013.
- Plan and design a SharePoint 2013 environment to meet requirements for high availability and disaster recovery
- Plan and implement a service application architecture for a SharePoint 2013 deployment
- Configure and manage Business Connectivity Services features in a SharePoint 2013 deployment
- Optimize the search experience for an enterprise environment
- Manage solutions in a SharePoint 2013 deployment
- Configure and manage apps in a SharePoint Server 2013 environment
All Microsoft On-demand content is designed and created by Microsoft Certified Trainers and Microsoft Subject Matter Experts. The trainers teaching the content in videos are the officials who have been working on the same technology that is being taught in the course.
After completing the course sucessfully you will be able to download and save the certificate or print it.
Before attending this course, students must have:
Completed Course 20331: Core Solutions of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013, successful completion of Exam 70-331: Core Solutions of Microsoft SharePoint 2013, or equivalent skills.
At least one year’s experience of mapping business requirements to logical and physical technical design. Working knowledge of network design, including network security.
- Experience managing software in a Windows 2008 R2 enterprise server or Windows Server 2012 environment.
- Deployed and managed applications natively, virtually, and in the cloud.
- Administered Internet Information Services (IIS).
- onfigured Active Directory for use in authentication, authorization and as a user store.
- Managed an application remotely using Windows PowerShell 2.0.
- Connected applications to Microsoft SQL Server.
- Implemented Claims-based security.
Why should I choose MOC on-demand?
To ensure that learners have the adequate skills to use Microsoft technologies MOC on-demand Courses have been introduced by Microsoft. These courses have been made available to serve the needs of learners who prefer to study at their own pace, at their convinient time and from their preferred location globally.
What do MOC On-demand courses include?
- MOC On-demand Courses are organised in Modules which include:
- Demos: A video walk-through of a process or task discussed in that lesson.
- Practices: A self-paced practice where they can apply what was covered in the lesson, with supporting prompts to guide them as needed.
- Labs: These detailed exercises use practice files and offer a more hands-on experience with the lesson material. Note: Not all courses include labs.
- Knowledge Checks: A brief quiz testing what was learned in the lesson.
- Assessments: To test knowledge attained from the course.
How do I get the product?
After purchasing a MOC on-demand course on training.com, you will receive a mail with an access code, link to the Microsoft training site and detailed instructions to login, redeem the Access Code and start with your course.
What is important for students to know before redeeming a voucher code?
- You need to create a Microsoft account if you have not already, for example, Live.com, Hotmail.com and Outlook.com.
- An access code can only be redeemed once.
- A code must be redeemed by the expiration date provided by their Microsoft Learning Partner.
- Once activated, course materials are available for a period of 90 days
- All the details are included in the Microsoft Official Course On-Demand Terms and Conditions: http://go.microsoft.com.
Who should join this course?
The course track is targeted at experienced IT Professionals interested in learning how to install, configure, deploy and manage SharePoint Server 2013 installations in either the data center or cloud. In addition, Business Application Administrators (BAAs) who are engaged in the administering line-of-business (LOB) projects in conjunction with internal business customers would benefit from understanding of managing SharePoint Server 2013.
The training addresses three audiences:
Existing SharePoint 2010 customers and partners who need to understand the major changes in SharePoint 2013. In addition there have been other improvements in tools and methodologies.
Customer who are new to SharePoint. SharePoint market size is growing significantly and is expected to continue to grow, so there are many new customers with no previous experience.
Customers running a previous version of SharePoint (SharePoint 2003 and SharePoint 2007) which did not upgrade to SharePoint 2010, so are not familiar with the architecture of SharePoint 2010 or SharePoint Server 2013.
How are the MOC courses structured?
Microsoft official courses on-demand are arranged in modules that include few minutes videos. At the end of each module one or two questions will be posed to test your comprehension. There will be an assessment of at least 25 questions at the end of the course.
How long does a MOC on-demand course generally take to complete?
It requires approximately 30 to 45 hours to complete a course.
What are the course packages available to purchase?
There are 2 sets of courses - Basic Set and Package SetBasic Set:
- 90-day access to the official Microsoft On-Demand Training Videos
- 90-day access to Live Microsoft Labs Online (MLO) for hands-on practice
- 90-day access to Course Exercises
- Reading and Knowledge checks throughout the course Package Set:
- Basic Set features
- Digital edition of the Microsoft Official Curriculum (dMOC) kit for reference.