This four-day instructor-led course provides students who manage and maintain SQL Server databases with the knowledge and skills to performance tune and optimize their databases.
- Describe the high level architectural overview of SQL Server and its various components.
- Describe the SQL Server execution model, waits and queues.
- Describe core I/O concepts, Storage Area Networks and performance testing.
- Describe architectural concepts and best practices related to data files for user databases and TempDB.
- Describe architectural concepts and best practices related to Concurrency, Transactions, Isolation Levels and Locking.
- Describe architectural concepts of the Optimizer and how to identify and fix query plan issues.
- Describe architectural concepts, troubleshooting scenarios and best practices related to Plan Cache.
- Describe architectural concepts, troubleshooting strategy and usage scenarios for Extended Events.
- Explain data collection strategy and techniques to analyze collected data.
- Understand techniques to identify and diagnose bottlenecks to improve overall performance.
SQL Server Architecture, Scheduling, and WaitsModule 2:
SQL Server I/OModule 3:
Database StructuresModule 4:
SQL Server MemoryModule 5:
SQL Server ConcurrencyModule 6:
Statistics and Index InternalsModule 7:
Query Execution and Query Plan AnalysisModule 8:
Plan Caching and RecompilationModule 9:
Extended EventsModule 10:
Monitoring, Tracing, and Baselining
All Microsoft On-demand content is designed and created by Microsoft Certified Trainers and Microsoft Subject Matter Experts. The trainers teaching the content in videos are the officials who have been working on the same technology that is being taught in the course.
After completing the course sucessfully you will be able to download and save the certificate or print it.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of database administration and maintenance
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
Why should I choose MOC on-demand?
To ensure that learners have the adequate skills to use Microsoft technologies MOC on-demand Courses have been introduced by Microsoft. These courses have been made available to serve the needs of learners who prefer to study at their own pace, at their convinient time and from their preferred location globally.
What do MOC On-demand courses include?
- MOC On-demand Courses are organised in Modules which include:
- Demos: A video walk-through of a process or task discussed in that lesson.
- Practices: A self-paced practice where they can apply what was covered in the lesson, with supporting prompts to guide them as needed.
- Labs: These detailed exercises use practice files and offer a more hands-on experience with the lesson material. Note: Not all courses include labs.
- Knowledge Checks: A brief quiz testing what was learned in the lesson.
- Assessments: To test knowledge attained from the course.
How do I get the product?
After purchasing a MOC on-demand course on training.com, you will receive a mail with an access code, link to the Microsoft training site and detailed instructions to login, redeem the Access Code and start with your course.
What is important for students to know before redeeming a voucher code?
- You need to create a Microsoft account if you have not already, for example, Live.com, Hotmail.com and Outlook.com.
- An access code can only be redeemed once.
- A code must be redeemed by the expiration date provided by their Microsoft Learning Partner.
- Once activated, course materials are available for a period of 90 days
- All the details are included in the Microsoft Official Course On-Demand Terms and Conditions: http://go.microsoft.com.
Who should join this course?
The primary audience for this course is individuals who administer and maintain SQL Server databases and are responsible for optimal performance of SQL Server instances that they manage. These individuals also write queries against data and need to ensure optimal execution performance of the workloads.
The secondary audiences for this course are individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases.
How are the MOC courses structured?
Microsoft official courses on-demand are arranged in modules that include few minutes videos. At the end of each module one or two questions will be posed to test your comprehension. There will be an assessment of at least 25 questions at the end of the course.
How long does a MOC on-demand course generally take to complete?
It requires approximately 30 to 45 hours to complete a course.
What are the course packages available to purchase?
There are 2 sets of courses - Basic Set and Package SetBasic Set:
- 90-day access to the official Microsoft On-Demand Training Videos
- 90-day access to Live Microsoft Labs Online (MLO) for hands-on practice
- 90-day access to Course Exercises
- Reading and Knowledge checks throughout the course Package Set:
- Basic Set features
- Digital edition of the Microsoft Official Curriculum (dMOC) kit for reference.