Get hands-on instruction and practice installing and configuring Windows Server 2012, including Windows Server 2012 R2, in this five-day Microsoft Official Course. This course is part one in a series of three courses that provides the skills and knowledge necessary to implement a core Windows Server 2012 infrastructure in an existing enterprise environment.
The three courses collectively cover implementing, managing, maintaining and provisioning services and infrastructure in a Windows Server 2012 environment. Although there is some cross-over of skills and tasks across these courses, this course focuses on the initial implementation and configuration of core services, such as Networking, Storage, Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Group Policy, File and Print Services, and Hyper-V.
This course maps directly to and is the preferred choice for hands-on preparation for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Exam 410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012, which is the first of three exams required for the MCSA: Windows Server 2012 credential.
- An understanding of networking fundamentals.
- An understanding of basic AD DS concepts.
- An awareness and understanding of security best practices.
- Basic knowledge of server hardware.
- Experience working with, and configuring, Windows client operating systems, such as Windows 7 or Windows 8.
- Additionally, students would benefit from having some previous Windows Server operating system experience.
This course requires that student meet the following prerequisites, including that they have:
Deploying and Managing Windows Server 2012Module 2:
Introduction to Active Directory Domain ServicesModule 3:
Managing Active Directory Domain Services ObjectsModule 4:
Automating Active Directory Domain Services AdministrationModule 5:
Implementing IPv4Module 6:
Implementing Dynamic Host Configuration ProtocolModule 7:
Implementing DNSModule 8:
Implementing IPv6Module 9:
Implementing Local StorageModule 10:
Implementing File and Print ServicesModule 11:
Implementing Group PolicyModule 12:
Securing Windows Servers Using Group Policy ObjectsModule 13:
Implementing Server Virtualization with Hyper-V
All Microsoft On-demand content is designed and created by Microsoft Certified Trainers and Microsoft Subject Matter Experts. The trainers teaching the content in videos are the officials who have been working on the same technology that is being taught in the course.
After completing the course sucessfully you will be able to download and save the certificate or print it.
Before attending this course, students must have the following technical knowledge:
- Experience deploying and configuring Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10.
- Experience deploying and configuring Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016 Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS).
- Experience deploying and configuring network services, including DNS, in Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016.
- Windows Client essentials, such as a working knowledge of Windows 8.1, Windows 8, or Windows 7.
Why should I choose MOC on-demand?
To ensure that learners have the adequate skills to use Microsoft technologies MOC on-demand Courses have been introduced by Microsoft. These courses have been made available to serve the needs of learners who prefer to study at their own pace, at their convinient time and from their preferred location globally.
What do MOC On-demand courses include?
- MOC On-demand Courses are organised in Modules which include:
- Demos: A video walk-through of a process or task discussed in that lesson.
- Practices: A self-paced practice where they can apply what was covered in the lesson, with supporting prompts to guide them as needed.
- Labs: These detailed exercises use practice files and offer a more hands-on experience with the lesson material. Note: Not all courses include labs.
- Knowledge Checks: A brief quiz testing what was learned in the lesson.
- Assessments: To test knowledge attained from the course.
How do I get the product?
After purchasing a MOC on-demand course on training.com, you will receive a mail with an access code, link to the Microsoft training site and detailed instructions to login, redeem the Access Code and start with your course.
What is important for students to know before redeeming a voucher code?
- You need to create a Microsoft account if you have not already, for example, Live.com, Hotmail.com and Outlook.com.
- An access code can only be redeemed once.
- A code must be redeemed by the expiration date provided by their Microsoft Learning Partner.
- Once activated, course materials are available for a period of 90 days
- All the details are included in the Microsoft Official Course On-Demand Terms and Conditions: http://go.microsoft.com.
Who should join this course?
This course is intended for people aspiring to be enterprise-level messaging administrators. Others who may take this course include IT generalists and help desk professionals who want to learn about Exchange Server 2013. People coming into the course are expected to have at least 3 years of experience working in the IT field—typically in the areas of network administration, help desk, or system administration. They are not expected to have experience with previous Exchange Server versions.
The secondary audience for this course will be candidates that are IT professionals who are looking to take the exam 70-341: Core Solutions of Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 as a standalone, or as part of the requirement for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) certification.
How are the MOC courses structured?
Microsoft official courses on-demand are arranged in modules that include few minutes videos. At the end of each module one or two questions will be posed to test your comprehension. There will be an assessment of at least 25 questions at the end of the course.
How long does a MOC on-demand course generally take to complete?
It requires approximately 30 to 45 hours to complete a course.
What are the course packages available to purchase?
There are 2 sets of courses - Basic Set and Package SetBasic Set:
- 90-day access to the official Microsoft On-Demand Training Videos
- 90-day access to Live Microsoft Labs Online (MLO) for hands-on practice
- 90-day access to Course Exercises
- Reading and Knowledge checks throughout the course Package Set:
- Basic Set features
- Digital edition of the Microsoft Official Curriculum (dMOC) kit for reference.