This five-day instructor-led course provides IT professionals with the knowledge and skills required to install and configure Windows 10 desktops in a Windows Server small to medium-sized AD DS domain environment. These skills include learning how to install and customize Windows 10 operating systems and apps, configure local and remote network connectivity, and configure local and online storage. Students also will learn how to configure security in addition to how to maintain, update, and recover Windows 10.
- Plan, install, and upgrade to Windows 10.
- Perform post-installation configuration.
- Implement networking.
- Implement network security.
- Manage Windows 10 with Group Policy.
- Implement remote management.
- Manage local storage.
- Manage files and resources.
- Install and manage apps.
- Secure Windows 10.
- Implement remote connectivity.
- Maintain and update Windows 10.
- Recover and troubleshoot Windows 10.
Installing Windows 10Module 2:
Performing post-installation configurationModule 3:
Implementing networkingModule 4:
Implementing network securityModule 5:
Managing Windows 10 with Group PolicyModule 6:
Implementing remote managementModule 7:
Managing storageModule 8:
Managing files and resourcesModule 9:
Deploying and managing appsModule 10:
Securing Windows 10Module 11:
Implementing remote connectivityModule 12:
Maintaining Windows 10Module 13:
Recovering Windows 10
All Microsoft On-demand content is designed and created by Microsoft Certified Trainers and Microsoft Subject Matter Experts. The trainers teaching the content in videos are the officials who have been working on the same technology that is being taught in the course.
After completing the course sucessfully you will be able to download and save the certificate or print it.
Before attending this course, students must have the following technical knowledge:
- Experience deploying and configuring Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10.
- Experience deploying and configuring Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016 Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS).
- Experience deploying and configuring network services, including DNS, in Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016.
- Windows Client essentials, such as a working knowledge of Windows 8.1, Windows 8, or Windows 7.
Why should I choose MOC on-demand?
To ensure that learners have the adequate skills to use Microsoft technologies MOC on-demand Courses have been introduced by Microsoft. These courses have been made available to serve the needs of learners who prefer to study at their own pace, at their convinient time and from their preferred location globally.
What do MOC On-demand courses include?
- MOC On-demand Courses are organised in Modules which include:
- Demos: A video walk-through of a process or task discussed in that lesson.
- Practices: A self-paced practice where they can apply what was covered in the lesson, with supporting prompts to guide them as needed.
- Labs: These detailed exercises use practice files and offer a more hands-on experience with the lesson material. Note: Not all courses include labs.
- Knowledge Checks: A brief quiz testing what was learned in the lesson.
- Assessments: To test knowledge attained from the course.
How do I get the product?
After purchasing a MOC on-demand course on training.com, you will receive a mail with an access code, link to the Microsoft training site and detailed instructions to login, redeem the Access Code and start with your course.
What is important for students to know before redeeming a voucher code?
- You need to create a Microsoft account if you have not already, for example, Live.com, Hotmail.com and Outlook.com.
- An access code can only be redeemed once.
- A code must be redeemed by the expiration date provided by their Microsoft Learning Partner.
- Once activated, course materials are available for a period of 90 days
- All the details are included in the Microsoft Official Course On-Demand Terms and Conditions: http://go.microsoft.com.
Who should join this course?
This course is intended for IT professionals who administer and support Windows 10 desktops and devices in small to medium-sized networks.
The networks with which these professionals typically work are configured as AD DS domain-based environments with managed access to the Internet and cloud services.
Students who seek certification in exam 70-698: Installing and Configuring Windows 10 also will benefit from this course. In addition, this course is intended to provide skills for Enterprise Desktop/Device Support Technicians (EDSTs) who work in small to medium-sized organizations, and who provide Tier 1 or Tier 2 support to users running Windows 10 desktops and devices within a Windows domain environment.
How are the MOC courses structured?
Microsoft official courses on-demand are arranged in modules that include few minutes videos. At the end of each module one or two questions will be posed to test your comprehension. There will be an assessment of at least 25 questions at the end of the course.
How long does a MOC on-demand course generally take to complete?
It requires approximately 30 to 45 hours to complete a course.
What are the course packages available to purchase?
There are 2 sets of courses - Basic Set and Package SetBasic Set:
- 90-day access to the official Microsoft On-Demand Training Videos
- 90-day access to Live Microsoft Labs Online (MLO) for hands-on practice
- 90-day access to Course Exercises
- Reading and Knowledge checks throughout the course Package Set:
- Basic Set features
- Digital edition of the Microsoft Official Curriculum (dMOC) kit for reference.