This five-day course will provide students with the key knowledge required to deploy and configure System Center 2016 Service Manager. Using hands-on labs, students will learn the following:
- Where Service Manager sits within the System Center 2016 product.
- What business and technical needs Service Manager is designed to meet.
- How Service Manager aligns itself to ITIL and MOF.
- How to architect and implement a System Center 2016 Service Manager deployment.
- How to upgrade an existing Service Manager 2012 R2 environment to System Center 2016.
- How to customize System Center 2016 Service Manager to be in line with corporate standards.
- How to configure Incident and Problem Management.
- How to configure Activity, Change and Release Management.
- How to configure Service Requests.
- How to configure Service Level Management.
- How to customize the Self-Service Portal.
- How to configure Reporting and Analysis.
- How to troubleshoot Service Manager and perform disaster recovery.
- How to create customized Service Manager forms.
- Describe Service Manager 2016.
- Upgrade to Service Manager 2016.
- Install Service Manager 2016.
- Describe Service Manager usage cases.
- Configure base settings in Service Manager 2016.
- Configure Incident and Problem Management.
- Configure Activity, Change, and Release Management.
- Configure and Manage Service Requests.
- Automate business processes with Service Manager and Orchestrator.
- Configure Service Level Management.
- Customize the Self-Service Portal.
- Use Reports and Analyze Data in Service Manager.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting and disaster recovery in Service Manager.
- Customize Service Manager Forms.
Service Management OverviewModule 2:
Installing System Center 2016 Service ManagerModule 3:
Key Concepts and FeaturesModule 4:
Configuring Service Manager for Your EnvironmentModule 5:
Populating the Service Manager CMDB using ConnectorsModule 6:
Managing Incidents and ProblemsModule 7:
Managing Changes and ReleasesModule 8:
Configuring and Managing the Service CatalogModule 9:
Automating Business Processes with OrchestratorModule 10:
Configuring Service Level ManagementModule 11:
Using Reports and Analyzing Data in Service ManagerModule 12:
Advanced Troubleshooting and Disaster RecoveryModule 13:
Creating Forms and Items in Service Manager Using the Service Manager Authoring Tool
All Microsoft On-demand content is designed and created by Microsoft Certified Trainers and Microsoft Subject Matter Experts. The trainers teaching the content in videos are the officials who have been working on the same technology that is being taught in the course.
After completing the course sucessfully you will be able to download and save the certificate or print it.
Working knowledge of Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows Server 2016.
Working knowledge of SQL Server 2012 and SQL Server 2014.
An understanding of the IT management processes that are included with ITIL and MOF.
Why should I choose MOC on-demand?
To ensure that learners have the adequate skills to use Microsoft technologies MOC on-demand Courses have been introduced by Microsoft. These courses have been made available to serve the needs of learners who prefer to study at their own pace, at their convinient time and from their preferred location globally.
What do MOC On-demand courses include?
- MOC On-demand Courses are organised in Modules which include:
- Demos: A video walk-through of a process or task discussed in that lesson.
- Practices: A self-paced practice where they can apply what was covered in the lesson, with supporting prompts to guide them as needed.
- Labs: These detailed exercises use practice files and offer a more hands-on experience with the lesson material. Note: Not all courses include labs.
- Knowledge Checks: A brief quiz testing what was learned in the lesson.
- Assessments: To test knowledge attained from the course.
How do I get the product?
After purchasing a MOC on-demand course on training.com, you will receive a mail with an access code, link to the Microsoft training site and detailed instructions to login, redeem the Access Code and start with your course.
What is important for students to know before redeeming a voucher code?
- You need to create a Microsoft account if you have not already, for example, Live.com, Hotmail.com and Outlook.com.
- An access code can only be redeemed once.
- A code must be redeemed by the expiration date provided by their Microsoft Learning Partner.
- Once activated, course materials are available for a period of 90 days
- All the details are included in the Microsoft Official Course On-Demand Terms and Conditions: http://go.microsoft.com.
Who should join this course?
This course is intended for cloud and datacenter administrators who are new to System Center 2016 Service Manager and are responsible for deploying, configuring and operating it in their cloud or datacenter. This course is also intended for Cloud and datacenter administrators who are already familiar with Service Manager and want to upgrade their skills to include the new features found in System Center 2016 Service Manager.
How are the MOC courses structured?
Microsoft official courses on-demand are arranged in modules that include few minutes videos. At the end of each module one or two questions will be posed to test your comprehension. There will be an assessment of at least 25 questions at the end of the course.
How long does a MOC on-demand course generally take to complete?
It requires approximately 30 to 45 hours to complete a course.
What are the course packages available to purchase?
There are 2 sets of courses - Basic Set and Package SetBasic Set:
- 90-day access to the official Microsoft On-Demand Training Videos
- 90-day access to Live Microsoft Labs Online (MLO) for hands-on practice
- 90-day access to Course Exercises
- Reading and Knowledge checks throughout the course Package Set:
- Basic Set features
- Digital edition of the Microsoft Official Curriculum (dMOC) kit for reference.