Learn the fundamental knowledge and skills that you need to build a Windows Server infrastructure with Windows Server 2012.
This five day course provides the networking, security, and system administration information that you need to implement a Windows Server infrastructure. It covers the basics of installation and configuration, storage, network infrastructure, network components, network protocols, server roles, Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Group Policy, IT security, server security, network security, security software, monitoring server performance, and maintaining a Windows Server.
This course includes the foundational level knowledge to prepare students to start a career or cross train in Microsoft Windows Server technologies.
- Perform a local media-based installation of Windows Server 2012.
- Select appropriate storage technologies and configure storage on a Windows Server.
- Describe fundamental network components and terminology so you can select an appropriate network component.
- Implement a network by selecting network hardware components and technologies and determine the appropriate
- Network hardware and wiring components for a given situation.
Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012Module 2:
Implementing Storage in Windows ServerModule 3:
Understanding Network InfrastructureModule 4:
Connecting Network ComponentsModule 5:
Implementing TCP/IPModule 6:
Implementing Windows Server RolesModule 7:
Implementing Active DirectoryModule 8:
Implementing IT Security LayersModule 9:
Implementing Security in Windows ServerModule 10:
Implementing Network SecurityModule 11:
Implementing Security SoftwareModule 12:
Monitoring Server PerformanceModule 13:
Maintaining Windows Server
All Microsoft On-demand content is designed and created by Microsoft Certified Trainers and Microsoft Subject Matter Experts. The trainers teaching the content in videos are the officials who have been working on the same technology that is being taught in the course.
After completing the course sucessfully you will be able to download and save the certificate or print it.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- A basic knowledge of general computing concepts.
- Some experience working with Windows Client operating systems such as Windows 7 or Windows 8
Why should I choose MOC on-demand?
To ensure that learners have the adequate skills to use Microsoft technologies MOC on-demand Courses have been introduced by Microsoft. These courses have been made available to serve the needs of learners who prefer to study at their own pace, at their convinient time and from their preferred location globally.
What do MOC On-demand courses include?
- MOC On-demand Courses are organised in Modules which include:
- Demos: A video walk-through of a process or task discussed in that lesson.
- Practices: A self-paced practice where they can apply what was covered in the lesson, with supporting prompts to guide them as needed.
- Labs: These detailed exercises use practice files and offer a more hands-on experience with the lesson material. Note: Not all courses include labs.
- Knowledge Checks: A brief quiz testing what was learned in the lesson.
- Assessments: To test knowledge attained from the course.
How do I get the product?
After purchasing a MOC on-demand course on training.com, you will receive a mail with an access code, link to the Microsoft training site and detailed instructions to login, redeem the Access Code and start with your course.
What is important for students to know before redeeming a voucher code?
- You need to create a Microsoft account if you have not already, for example, Live.com, Hotmail.com and Outlook.com.
- An access code can only be redeemed once.
- A code must be redeemed by the expiration date provided by their Microsoft Learning Partner.
- Once activated, course materials are available for a period of 90 days
- All the details are included in the Microsoft Official Course On-Demand Terms and Conditions: http://go.microsoft.com.
Who should join this course?
Students for this course are just starting their Information Technology (IT) careers or want to change careers into Windows Server technologies. This fundamental knowledge and skills can be used by home computer users, small business owners, academic students, information workers, technical managers, help desk technicians, or students who want to cross train from another technology.
This course is a first step in preparing for a job in IT or as prerequisite training before you start the Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA) training and certification path.
How are the MOC courses structured?
Microsoft official courses on-demand are arranged in modules that include few minutes videos. At the end of each module one or two questions will be posed to test your comprehension. There will be an assessment of at least 25 questions at the end of the course.
How long does a MOC on-demand course generally take to complete?
It requires approximately 30 to 45 hours to complete a course.
What are the course packages available to purchase?
There are 2 sets of courses - Basic Set and Package SetBasic Set:
- 90-day access to the official Microsoft On-Demand Training Videos
- 90-day access to Live Microsoft Labs Online (MLO) for hands-on practice
- 90-day access to Course Exercises
- Reading and Knowledge checks throughout the course Package Set:
- Basic Set features
- Digital edition of the Microsoft Official Curriculum (dMOC) kit for reference.