This five-day course describes how to assess operating system and application deployment options, determine the most appropriate deployment strategy, and then implement a deployment solution for Windows devices and apps that meets your environment’s needs. Solutions that this course details include operating system deployment scenarios ranging from high-touch solutions to zero-touch solutions. It also discusses the technologies that you use to implement these solutions, including the MDT and Configuration Manager.
- Assess the network environment to support operating system and application deployment tasks.
- Identify the most appropriate operating system deployment strategy based upon organizational requirements.
- Assess application compatibility issues and identify mitigation solutions to ensure that applications function successfully after an operating system deployment.
- Describe and configure strategies to migrate user state during operating system deployments.
- Determine the most appropriate image management strategy to support operating system and application deployments.
- Describe and use the tools provided in the Windows ADK to prepare for and support automated deployment strategies.
- Identify solutions to support PXE-initiated and multicast solutions when performing operating system deployment tasks.
- Configure an operating system deployment strategy by using the MDT.
Assessing the network environmentModule 2:
Determining operating system deployment strategiesModule 3:
Assessing application compatibilityModule 4:
Planning and implementing user state migrationModule 5:
Determining an image management strategyModule 6:
Preparing for deployments by using the Windows ADKModule 7:
Supporting PXE-initiated and multicast operating system deploymentsModule 8:
Implementing operating system deployment by using the MDTModule 9:
Managing operating system deploymentModule 10:
Integrating MDT and Configuration Manager for operating system deploymentModule 11:
Activating clients and managing additional configuration settingsModule 12:
Deploying Office 2016
All Microsoft On-demand content is designed and created by Microsoft Certified Trainers and Microsoft Subject Matter Experts. The trainers teaching the content in videos are the officials who have been working on the same technology that is being taught in the course.
After completing the course sucessfully you will be able to download and save the certificate or print it.
Before attending this course, students must have
- Networking fundamentals, including common networking protocols, topologies, hardware, media
- Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles and fundamentals of AD DS management.
- Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting for Windows-based personal computers.
- Basic concepts of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) security.
- Basic understanding of scripting and Windows PowerShell syntax.
- Basic understanding of Windows Server roles and services.
- Basic understanding of the management tasks that you can perform by using Configuration Manager.
Why should I choose MOC on-demand?
To ensure that learners have the adequate skills to use Microsoft technologies MOC on-demand Courses have been introduced by Microsoft. These courses have been made available to serve the needs of learners who prefer to study at their own pace, at their convinient time and from their preferred location globally.
What do MOC On-demand courses include?
- MOC On-demand Courses are organised in Modules which include:
- Demos: A video walk-through of a process or task discussed in that lesson.
- Practices: A self-paced practice where they can apply what was covered in the lesson, with supporting prompts to guide them as needed.
- Labs: These detailed exercises use practice files and offer a more hands-on experience with the lesson material. Note: Not all courses include labs.
- Knowledge Checks: A brief quiz testing what was learned in the lesson.
- Assessments: To test knowledge attained from the course.
How do I get the product?
After purchasing a MOC on-demand course on training.com, you will receive a mail with an access code, link to the Microsoft training site and detailed instructions to login, redeem the Access Code and start with your course.
What is important for students to know before redeeming a voucher code?
- You need to create a Microsoft account if you have not already, for example, Live.com, Hotmail.com and Outlook.com.
- An access code can only be redeemed once.
- A code must be redeemed by the expiration date provided by their Microsoft Learning Partner.
- Once activated, course materials are available for a period of 90 days
- All the details are included in the Microsoft Official Course On-Demand Terms and Conditions: http://go.microsoft.com.
Who should join this course?
This five-day course is for IT professionals who deploy, manage, and maintain PCs, devices, and apps across medium, large, and enterprise organizations. Typically, this course’s audience has a desktop-support background, and have worked as Enterprise Desktop Administrators. A significant portion of this audience uses or intends to use Configuration Manager to manage and deploy PCs, devices, and enterprise applications. The Enterprise Desktop Administrator also might use several tools, including the Windows ADK and the MDT to support assessment, operating system, and application deployment tasks. Additionally, this course is for individuals who are interested in taking the MCSE exam 70-695: Deploying Windows Desktops and Enterprise Applications.
How are the MOC courses structured?
Microsoft official courses on-demand are arranged in modules that include few minutes videos. At the end of each module one or two questions will be posed to test your comprehension. There will be an assessment of at least 25 questions at the end of the course.
How long does a MOC on-demand course generally take to complete?
It requires approximately 30 to 45 hours to complete a course.
What are the course packages available to purchase?
There are 2 sets of courses - Basic Set and Package SetBasic Set:
- 90-day access to the official Microsoft On-Demand Training Videos
- 90-day access to Live Microsoft Labs Online (MLO) for hands-on practice
- 90-day access to Course Exercises
- Reading and Knowledge checks throughout the course Package Set:
- Basic Set features
- Digital edition of the Microsoft Official Curriculum (dMOC) kit for reference.