Get hands-on instruction and practice administering Windows Server 2012, including Windows Server 2012 R2, in this five-day Microsoft Official Course. This course is part two in a series of three courses that provides the skills and knowledge necessary to implement a core Windows Server 2012 infrastructure in an existing enterprise environment.
The three courses collectively cover implementing, managing, maintaining and provisioning services and infrastructure in a Windows Server 2012 environment. Although there is some cross-over of skills and tasks across these courses, this course focuses on the administration tasks necessary to maintain a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure such as configuring and troubleshooting name resolution, user and group management with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) and Group Policy, implementing Remote Access solutions such as Direct Access, VPNs and Web Application Proxy, implementing Network Policies and Network Access Protection, Data Security, deployment and maintenance of server images, as well as update management and monitoring of Windows Server 2012 environments.
This course maps directly to and is the preferred choice for hands-on preparation for Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Exam 411: Administering Windows Server 2012, which is the second of three exams required for MCSA: Windows Server 2012 credential. Labs in this course are based on Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1.
- Configure and Troubleshoot Domain Name System
- Maintain Active Directory Domain Services
- Manage User and Service Accounts
- Implement Group Policy Infrastructure
- Manage User Desktops using Group Policy
- Install, Configure and Troubleshoot Network Policy Server
- Implement Network Access Protection and Remote Access
- Configure Encryption and Advanced Auditing
- Deploy and Maintain Server Images
All Microsoft On-demand content is designed and created by Microsoft Certified Trainers and Microsoft Subject Matter Experts. The trainers teaching the content in videos are the officials who have been working on the same technology that is being taught in the course.
After completing the course sucessfully you will be able to download and save the certificate or print it.
- Knowledge and skills concerning the initial implementation and configuration of core Windows Server services including Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Networking Services and Microsoft Hyper-V.
- The course pre-requisites can be met by having knowledge equivalent to, or by attendance at, course 20410D: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012, as this course will build upon that knowledge and skills covered in that course.
Why should I choose MOC on-demand?
To ensure that learners have the adequate skills to use Microsoft technologies MOC on-demand Courses have been introduced by Microsoft. These courses have been made available to serve the needs of learners who prefer to study at their own pace, at their convinient time and from their preferred location globally.
What do MOC On-demand courses include?
- MOC On-demand Courses are organised in Modules which include:
- Demos: A video walk-through of a process or task discussed in that lesson.
- Practices: A self-paced practice where they can apply what was covered in the lesson, with supporting prompts to guide them as needed.
- Labs: These detailed exercises use practice files and offer a more hands-on experience with the lesson material. Note: Not all courses include labs.
- Knowledge Checks: A brief quiz testing what was learned in the lesson.
- Assessments: To test knowledge attained from the course.
How do I get the product?
After purchasing a MOC on-demand course on training.com, you will receive a mail with an access code, link to the Microsoft training site and detailed instructions to login, redeem the Access Code and start with your course.
What is important for students to know before redeeming a voucher code?
- You need to create a Microsoft account if you have not already, for example, Live.com, Hotmail.com and Outlook.com.
- An access code can only be redeemed once.
- A code must be redeemed by the expiration date provided by their Microsoft Learning Partner.
- Once activated, course materials are available for a period of 90 days
- All the details are included in the Microsoft Official Course On-Demand Terms and Conditions: http://go.microsoft.com.
Who should join this course?
This course is intended for Information Technology (IT) Professionals with hands on experience working in a Windows server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 environment who wish to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to be able to manage and maintain the core infrastructure required for a Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 environment. The key focus for students is to broaden the initial deployment of Windows Server 2012 services and infrastructure and provide the skills necessary to Manage and Maintain a domain based Windows Server 2012 environment, providing skills in areas such as User and Group management, Network Access and Data Security.
How are the MOC courses structured?
Microsoft official courses on-demand are arranged in modules that include few minutes videos. At the end of each module one or two questions will be posed to test your comprehension. There will be an assessment of at least 25 questions at the end of the course.
How long does a MOC on-demand course generally take to complete?
It requires approximately 30 to 45 hours to complete a course.
What are the course packages available to purchase?
There are 2 sets of courses - Basic Set and Package SetBasic Set:
- 90-day access to the official Microsoft On-Demand Training Videos
- 90-day access to Live Microsoft Labs Online (MLO) for hands-on practice
- 90-day access to Course Exercises
- Reading and Knowledge checks throughout the course Package Set:
- Basic Set features
- Digital edition of the Microsoft Official Curriculum (dMOC) kit for reference.