Data Science is the art of manipulating raw data. Data Scientists work on real issues which are in need of resolution. Data can be used for any purpose, to predict natural disasters, to track the habits of online customers, or to increase business. This course is designed to examine in detail the intricacies in Data Science and how it will help to solve real world problems. The course contains the fundamentals in statistics since analytical and statistical interpretation of data is the profile of Data Scientists.
- Conduct undirected research and frame open-ended industry questions
- Extract huge volumes of data from multiple internal and external sources
- Be able to thoroughly clean and prune data to discard irrelevant information
- Explore and examine data from various angles to determine trends and opportunities
- Device data-driven solutions for business challenges
- Invent new algorithms to solve problems and build new tools to automate process and projects
- Recommend cost-effective changes to existing procedures and strategies
Introduction to Data Science
- Course Introduction and Outline
- Course Survey
- Guide to the Data Science Curriculum
- Curriculum Overview
- Courses in the Curriculum
- Course Timetable and Deadlines
- Meet The Data Scientists
- What Do You Enjoy About Being a Data Scientist?
- What Does a Data Scientist Do?
- What Kind of Person Succeeds as a Data Scientist?
- What Skills Does a Data Scientist Need?
- What Advice Would You Give an Aspiring Data Scientist?
- Data Science Fundamentals
- Getting Started with Data
Introduction to Data
- Working with Data in Excel
- Exploring Data
- Exploring Data in Excel
- Introduction to Data Visualization
- Visualizing Data in Excel
- Slicing and Dicing Data
- Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts
- Module 2 Review
A Basic Introduction to Statistics
- Basic Statistics
- Getting Started with Statistics
- Measures of Central Tendency
- Measures of Variance
- Descriptive Statistics in Excel
- Hypothesis Testing
- Two-Sample T-Tests
- Paired T-Tests
- Analysis of Variance
- Lab: Exploring Data with Excel
Instructors are handpicked from a selected group of industry experts and mentors and trained to deliver the best online learning experience. All training.com instructors have at least ten years of industry experience and extensive functional expertise in the field they train.
An assessment will be conducted at the end of the course. On completion of the assessment with a minimum of 70% marks, training.com will issue a certificate of successful completion from NIIT.
Learners can re-attempt the assessment for a maximum of five attempts.
A Participation certificate will be issued if the learner does not score 70% after five attempts.
There are no pre-requisites for this course. Learners should preferably have knowledge in basic computer skills.
Who should join this course?
This course will be ideal for learners who are keen to plunge into the world of data sciences or who wish to specialize in data sciences.
- Mathematics Champions
- Statistics Experts
- Software Engineers
- Data Mining Specialists
- Data Analysts
Learners could be:
Why should I join this course?
The term “data scientist” is the most happening and the hottest job title in the IT field. Starting salaries match upto $100,000, which is 22% more than other job roles (Source: http://www.burtchworks.com ).
Organizations have various job tasks for Data Scientists. Some work as data analysts or combine their duties with data engineers; some perform top-level analytics expert roles while a few others work as data visualization professionals.
Where can I find my session schedule?
The session schedule will be available in the training.com Student portal - Learning Plan section. You can login to your training.com account to view the same.
Do you provide any study materials?
The study material will be available in the training.com Student portal - Resources section. You can login to your training.com account to view the same.
What happens if I miss a session?
All the live sessions are recorded and available for later view. Learners can refer to recordings of a missed session at their convenience.
What is your refund policy?
Upon registering for the course, if for some reason you are unable or unwilling to participate in the course further, you can apply for a refund. You can initiate the refund any time before start of the second session of the course by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org , with your enrolment details and bank account details (where you want the amount to be transferred). Once you initiate a refund request, you will receive the amount within 21 days after confirmation and verification by our team. This is provided if you have not downloaded any courseware after registration.
What are the minimum system requirements to attend the course?
- Personal computer or Laptop with web camera
- Headphone with Mic
- Broadband connection with minimum bandwidth of 1 Mbps .However, recommend is 2 Mbps.
Minimum system requirements for accessing the courses are:
A self-diagnostic test to meet necessary requirements to be done is available at
Please note that webcam, mike and internet speed cannot be verified through this link.
Is there an official support desk for technical guidance during the training program?
Yes. For immediate technical support during the live online classroom sessions, you can call 91-9717992809 or 0124-4917203 between 9:00 AM and 8:00 PM IST. You can write to email@example.com for all other queries and our team will be happy to help you.