The Six Sigma Green Belt Certification training program is designed to deliver knowledge and skills to become a successful process excellence expert. Six Sigma is an improvement methodology that uses the DMAIC - Define – Measure – Analyze - Improve – Control framework. The method has proven value of achieving the fastest rate of improvement in customer satisfaction, cost, quality, process speed and invested capital.
This course starts with the fundamental concepts of understanding VOC, converting them into potential projects, base lining measure to advance topics of analyzing data and improving processes and metrics to ensure consistency.
- Understand Customer requirements and provide process improvement techniques as defined in Six Sigma
- Acquire the concepts of Six Sigma tools with functions like Fishbone, Pareto Concepts, Statistical tools etc.
- Be able to perform data driven analysis using statistical functions
- Provide measures to define the capability of any kind of process
Overview and Definition
- Introduction & overview of six sigma project management
- Who are customers?
- What is Voice Of Customer(VOC)
- What are Critical To Quality (CTQ )
- How do we map CTQs to internal Critical to Business Processes (CBP)
- Elements of a project charter- Problem statement
- Business case
- Goal statement
- Project scope
- Project team
- Process analysis & mapping
- Identifying the detailed AS-IS processes
- Understanding the tools to create a process map
- Dos & Don’ts of process mapping
- Understanding data
- Types of data & characteristics
- Basic statistics - Mean, Median, Mode, Standard deviation & Variation
- Data collection techniques
- Understanding data sampling and techniques
- Defining a unit and evaluating DPU
- Computing process sigma for discrete & continuous data type
- Data analysis techniques
- Tools used for data analysis
- Pareto Chart
- Understanding Value
- Evaluating Value Added & Non-value Added activities using Value Stream Mapping
- 5S ( Set, Sort, Straighten, Strengthen, Stabilize)
- Driving Kaizen Events
- Establishing Control Plans to Sustain Gains
- Introduction to Statistical process Control (SPC) Charts
- Identifying Special and Common Causes
- Selection and Application of Right Control Charts
- Application of the following types of Control charts: X bar R, X bar S
- Individual and Moving Range (ImR/ Xmr),NP,P,C and U
Instructors are handpicked from a selected group of industry experts and mentors and trained to deliver the best online learning experience. All training.com instructors have at least ten years of industry experience and extensive functional expertise in the field they train.
An assessment will be conducted at the end of the course. On completion of the assessment with a minimum of 70% marks, training.com will issue a certificate of successful completion from NIIT.
Learners can re-attempt the assessment for a maximum of five attempts.
A Participation certificate will be issued if the learner does not score 70% after five attempts.
Learners should preferrably have reasonable level of proficiency in any data handling tool like MS Excel.
Who should join this course?
This course is best suited for:
- Delivery leaders
- Business Analysts
- Data analyst
- Project Managers
- Process Improvement Experts
- Change Management Teams
- Program Managers
Why should I join this course?
Six Sigma is a set of techniques and tools for process improvement. Six sigma certified professionals can provide solutions for improvement of workforce, reduction of overall cost improvement, improve customer satisfaction, reduction in customer on-boarding process cycle time and reduction of errors and rework across projects.
Where can I find my session schedule?
The session schedule will be available in the training.com Student portal - Learning Plan section. You can login to your training.com account to view the same.
Do you provide any study materials?
The study material will be available in the training.com Student portal - Resources section. You can login to your training.com account to view the same.
What happens if I miss a session?
All the live sessions are recorded and available for later view. Learners can refer to recordings of a missed session at their convenience.
What is your refund policy?
Upon registering for the course, if for some reason you are unable or unwilling to participate in the course further, you can apply for a refund. You can initiate the refund any time before start of the second session of the course by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org , with your enrolment details and bank account details (where you want the amount to be transferred). Once you initiate a refund request, you will receive the amount within 21 days after confirmation and verification by our team. This is provided if you have not downloaded any courseware after registration.
What are the minimum system requirements to attend the program?
- Personal computer or Laptop with web camera
- Headphone with Mic
- Broadband connection with minimum bandwidth of 1 Mbps .However, recommend is 2 Mbps.
Minimum system requirements for accessing the courses are:
A self-diagnostic test to meet necessary requirements to be done is available at
Please note that webcam, mike and internet speed cannot be verified through this link.
Is there an official support desk for technical guidance during the training program?
Yes. For immediate technical support during the live online classroom sessions, you can call 91-9717992809 or 0124-4917203 between 9:00 AM and 8:00 PM IST. You can write to email@example.com for all other queries and our team will be happy to help you.