Informatica Developer is a thick client workbench tool that developers can use to profile, cleanse, standardize, de duplicate and consolidate data in an enterprise. The course will introduce attendees to working with the developer tool, performing tasks such as creating projects and objects, profiling data and identifying anomalies. It will cover development of mappings and mapplets for use in processes such as data standardization, address validation, identifying duplicate records and consolidation. This course will provide users with a high-level overview of the Informatica Data Quality Process and will set the foundation for the processes that follow.
- Learn to navigate the Developer Tool and collaborate on projects with Analysts
- Get the concepts of Column, Rule, Multi-object, Comparative and Mid-Stream Profiling
- Learn to manage reference tables
- Design and develop Mapplets
- Create standardization, cleansing and parsing Routines
- Validate addresses
- Identify duplicate records using Classic and Identity matching
- Build mappings used to associate and consolidate matched records
- Create and execute Workflows to populate IDD user inboxes with Exception and Duplicate record tasks
- Run data quality mappings in PowerCenter
- Run data quality mappings in DQ Standalone
Working with Informatica Developer 9
- GUI, Mappings, Mapplets, Transformations, Content Sets, Data Objects
- Reviewing projects created by the Analyst
- Review objects, Profiles, Rules, Scorecards
- Comments and Tags
- Create/add Reference tables
Developer Profiling and Logical Data Objects
- Create a Logical Data Object
- Column Profiling
- Multi Object Profiling
- Mid-stream Profiling
- Comparative Profiling
- Create Mappings and work with DQ and Core transformations
- Cleanse and transform data using Standardization
- Develop standardization mappings and mapplets
- Perform parsing using a variety of methods such as:
- Token Parser
- Pattern Parser
- NER/Probabilistic parsing
- Create a Reusable AV Transformation
- Become familiar with the range of Address Validation
- Inputs and Outputs
- Build and execute an Address Validation Mapping
- Become familiar with the concepts involved in Matching
- Grouping data
- Match Performance Analysis
- DQ Matching
- Match Cluster Analysis
- Be able to differentiate between the need for Identity or Classic matching
- Become familiar with the concepts involved in Identity Matching
- Work with Identity Populations and Strategies
- Use the Consolidation Transformation to automatically Consolidate matched records
- Be able to choose the most affective consolidation strategy for your data; simple, row based or advanced
Manual Exception and Consolidation Management
- Build and execute Mappings, using the Exception Transformation, to identify exception and duplicate records
Task and Workflow Management
- Build and execute workflows to populate
- Informatica Data Director user inboxes with exception and duplicate records
Informatica Data Director
- Update exception and duplicate records in IDD
- Export DQ Mappings to PowerCenter as either Mappings or Mapplets
- Build and execute a workflow in PowerCenter Developer using DQ mapplets
Running DQ in a Standalone environment
- Schedule DQ mappings to run in DQ
- Standalone using Windows Task Manager
- Import Projects using both Basic and Advanced methods
- Export Projects
- What content is available with IDQ?
- Content Management Service
All our instructor have at least ten years of industry experience and extensive functional expertise in the fields that they teach. Instructor are handpicked from a selected group of industry experts and mentors, and trained to deliver a great online learning experience.
- The assessment will be done on the basis of an online test and Project Evaluation at the end of the course.
- Weightage of Project Evaluation is 30% and that of Online test is 70%. Minimum pass percentage for online test is 70.
- On completion of the Assessment (Project + Test) with a minimum of 70% marks, training.com will issue a certificate of successful completion from NIIT.
- Five re-attempts will be provided to clear online test in case the candidate scores less than 70%.
- A Participation certificate will be issued if the candidate does not score 70% in the Assessment.
- Soft copy of the certification will be issued to the participants, on completion of the course.
The prerequisites for the program are:
- The learner should have basic knowledge in Windows GUI.
- The learner should have a theoretical understanding of process development and design.
Who should join this course?
This course is for new learners in Informatica Developer including Business and Data Developers. It will be suitable for learners who wish to re-familiarize themselves with the Data Quality Developer tool. This course will also provide a platform to complete the Data Quality 9.x: Developer Specialist Certification.
Why should I join this course?
Informatica Developer is a thick client workbench tool that developers can use to profile, cleanse, standardize, de duplicate and consolidate data in an enterprise.
The course will introduce attendees to working with the Developer Tool, performing tasks such as creating projects and objects, profiling data and identifying anomalies.
It will cover developing mappings and mapplets for use in processes such as data standardization, address validation, identifying duplicate records and consolidation.
This course will provide users with a high-level overview of the Informatica Data Quality Process and will set the foundation for the processes that follow.
What happens if I miss a session?
All the live sessions are recorded and available for later view. Learners can refer to recordings of a missed session at their convenience.
Where can I find my session schedule?
The session schedule will be available in the training.com Student portal - Learning Plan section. You can login to your training.com account to view the same.
Do you provide any study materials?
The study material will be available in the training.com Student portal - Resources section. You can login to your training.com account to view the same.
What is your refund policy?
Upon registering for the course, if for some reason you are unable or unwilling to participate in the course further, you can apply for a refund. You can initiate the refund any time before start of the second session of the course by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org , with your enrolment details and bank account details (where you want the amount to be transferred). Once you initiate a refund request, you will receive the amount within 21 days after confirmation and verification by our team. This is provided if you have not downloaded any courseware after registration.
What are the minimum system requirements to attend the program?
- Personal computer or Laptop with web camera
- Headphone with Noise Clarity Microphone
- Broadband connection with minimum bandwidth of 4 mbps.
- Its recommended to use System Health Check to examine the OS details, Add in, Plugins, Camera, Mic and other external devices.
Minimum system requirements for accessing the courses are:
Is there an official support desk for technical guidance during the training program?
Yes. For immediate technical support during the live online classroom sessions, you can call 91-9717992809 or 0124-4917203 between 9:00 AM and 8:00 PM IST. You can write to email@example.com for all other queries and our team will be happy to help you.