Applied Finance is the study of applications used in identifying and solving issues in finance. The EPAF discusses finance and its linkage with other functions as applicable to corporate and financial institutions. The aim of this course is to offer a progressive knowledge in the frontiers of finance required for a successful professional in the corporate sector and banking and financial sector. This course is equally relevant for professionals working or planning to work as investment analysts, consultants, chartered accountants and cost accountants. Every module in this course references case studies, live corporate examples, and general discussions. For knowledge on industry insights, business leaders from different industries are invited to share their thoughts and experiences.
- Acquire a strong foundation in core and special modules in Corporate Finance and Economics
- Master the concepts of Business Accounting and Analysis
- Build knowledge on Business Valuation, Financial Derivatives, Investment Management, Alternative Investment Strategies, Financial Risk Management and Banking Management
- Learn from corporate examples using case studies to supplement theoretical inputs
- Business Accounting and Analysis
- Corporate Finance-I
- Quantitative Methods for Finance
- Business Economics
- Corporate Finance-II
- Business Valuation
- Financial Derivatives
- Investment Management
- Alternative Investment Strategies
- Financial Risk Management
- Bank Management
The Program directors for this course will be will be Professor Ashok Banerjee and Professor Debashish Bhattacherjee.
Prof. Ashok Banerjee, an expert in Financial Accounting, is a Professor of Finance at the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. His past experiences include teaching finance and accounting at the Indian Institute of Management Lucknow and Institute of Management Technology Ghaziabad. He holds a PhD in Chartered Accountancy He has also served as Assistant Director, Board of Studies at the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. Review his complete profile at https://www.iimcal.ac.in/users/ashok.
Prof. Debashish Bhattacherjee, a specialist in various applications of economics, is a Professor of Human Resource Management at the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. He holds a PhD from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Voted as the ‘Best Professor in Human Resource Management’ by CMO Asia in 2011, he has a vast academic experience spanning 18 years. . Review his complete profile at https://www.iimcal.ac.in/users/debashish.
On successful completion of the course, the learner will receive a certificate of completion from IIMC. The candidates will also be awarded an alumni status by IIMC.
The prerequisites for the program are:
- The applicant should be a Graduate (10+2+3 or equivalent) or a Post-graduate in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks (aggregate).
- The applicant should have a work experience of at least 2 years.
Applicant selection will be based on:
- Performance in the Pre-admission Test
- Past Academic Performance
- Work Experience
What is the course fee and payment options?
The course fee is 2,44,000 plus 15% service tax. We also offer Installment options which is as below:
|Date||On Application||On Registration||April 2017||June 2017||Sept 2017|
Note: These amounts do not include taxes. A service tax of 15% will be charged on all transactions.
The application fee for the course is 9,000 + 15% service tax and has to be paid at the time of application. In case the candidate is selected for the course, then this amount will be adjusted in the course fee. If the candidate is not selected the entire application fee along with the service tax will be refunded. The application fee will NOT be refunded in the following conditions:
- The application is found to be incomplete or inaccurate at any stage of verification.
- The applicant is offered a seat for the course but does not join the course on or before the date mentioned in the offer letter.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is complete in all respects. The selection offer letter is for a specific batch of a course. Neither the offer for admission nor the initial amount is transferable to any other course or batch.
Campus Visit Fee
A mandatory campus visit fee is to be paid before every campus visit to IIMC. This amount includes boarding and lodging. Travel arrangements including travel expenses for the campus visit have to be made by the learners themselves.
The campus visit fee should be paid via DD drawn in favor of "Indian Institute of Management Calcutta" payable at Kolkata close to the visit date.
The total campus visit fee (for both campus modules) is 54,000 plus service tax payable directly to IIMC. This amount will be paid in two installments, before the beginning of each campus visit (12,000 for the first visit,
18,000 for the second visit,and 24,000 for the third visit).
Who should join this course?
- Finance Professionals keen to develop and advance their careers in Corporate Finance
- Executives in the Banking and Financial Service sectors
- Professionals working or planning to work as Security Analysts, Financial Consultants, and Chartered Accountants
What happens if I miss a session?
All the live sessions are recorded and available for later view. Learners can refer to recordings of a missed session at their convenience.
What is your refund policy?
Upon registering for the course, if for some reason you are unable or unwilling to participate in the course further, you can apply for a refund. You can initiate the refund any time before start of the course by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with your enrollment and bank account details (where you want the amount to be transferred). Once you initiate a refund request, you will receive the amount within 30 days after confirmation and verification of your details by our team. This is provided if you have not downloaded any resources after registration.
Please Note: training.com/NIIT will conduct an orientation prior to the first session by IIMC. This orientation is considered the official start of the program/batch.
What are the minimum system requirements to attend the course?
- Personal computer or Laptop with web camera
- Headphone with Mic
- Broadband connection with minimum bandwidth of 1 Mbps .However, recommend is 2 Mbps.
Minimum system requirements for accessing the courses are:
A self-diagnostic test to meet necessary requirements to be done is available at
Please note that webcam, mike and internet speed cannot be verified through this link.
Is there an official support desk for technical guidance during the training program?
Yes. For immediate technical support, you can reach out on 91-9717992809 or 0124-4917203 between 9:00 AM and 8:00 PM IST. You can write to email@example.com for all other queries and our team will be happy to help you.
Can I refer a friend for the program? What benefit will I receive for the referral?
You can refer any of your friends, family, or colleagues for the course.
- On registering for any course, you will receive a mail from us with your referral code. You can also access this code through the “Refer your friend” option in your learning dashboard.
- You can share this code with everyone that you wish to refer to the course
- If anyone registers using this referral code (referral code has to be used as a coupon code at the time of registration) then then will receive a Rs. 9000 scholarship on the course fee
- You will then become eligible for a referral credit of Rs. 9000. This referral credit can be reimbursed in the form of Amazon vouchers.
- Just send us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will verify the referral and initiate the referral benefit
- Two scholarships/coupon codes cannot be combined. Candidate can only avail one offer per program.