The LEAD (Learn; Enhance; Aspire; Deliver) program is designed for senior executives in the industry leading enterprises and for proprietors of growing businesses seeking to renew their business knowledge and managerial capabilities to sharpen their leadership acumen.
This one year program is divided into four modules, one module for every quarter. Each module is for 10 days. The 40 days in-campus schedule will be delivered at an intervals of 11 weeks each. Every module brings together instructors from different disciplines in management to offer learners a broad engagement with an overarching senior managerial capability.
The first module, LEARN, aims to help learners meet functional proficiency in the fundamental disciplines of management, such as, finance and marketing. The second module, seeks to ENHANCE learners'' cognitive capacity by exposing them to experts on higher-order managerial capabilities such as design thinking and strategic analysis. Subsequently, the third module, ASPIRE, hopes to foster an urge amongst learners to tackle contemporary challenges in management by imbibing an appreciation for the digital disruption across industries and the ongoing character of innovation in organisations. Finally, the fourth module lets learners gain insights on how to DELIVER distinctive execution inside organizations through a deep immersion in lectures, exercises, and case study themes such as leadership and change, and through workshops with present/past CEOs reflecting on their experiences.
The learners will also be required to complete a comprehensive project and a final presentation. Each project will be supervised by an IIMC instructor through briefing sessions and seminars. All project elements will be delivered online.
- Acquire a cutting-edge in management theory
- Master your cognitive capacity
- Learn the art of attaining customer centricity
- Build networking opportunities with successful peers and professionals across a variety of industries
LEAD (Functional Proficiency)
- Mastering Finance
- Role of a CFO, Strategic financial decisions, Innovation and financial structure of corporations, Managing financial risks, Creating shareholder wealth, Understanding global financial markets, and Business valuation
- Building Operational Excellence
- Managing value chains and product innovation, Managing risk in supply chains, Outsourcing and supplier power, operational excellence and value creation, operational innovation and excellence, Embedding a quality orientation in the organization
ENHANCE (Cognitive Capacity)
- Design Thinking
- Fundamentals of design thinking, Developing a design-centric culture, Overcoming behavioral biases against design thinking, Creating models to solve complex problems, Experimenting with low-cost delivery model for the masses, Blending design thinking and analytical thinking, Testing and refining new models.
- Talent for Negotiation
- Identifying effective bargaining styles, Building trust, Art of persuasion, Role of verbal and non-verbal communication, Pre-negotiation strategy, Engineering the deal, and Managing psychological barrier, Ethics in negotiations.
- Management of Self
- Understanding self, Managing relationships, Managing differences in organizational contexts, An appreciation of critical thinking, Communicating in interpersonal and group contexts in organizations.
- Being a Strategist
- Modes of strategic thinking, Identifying privileged positioning, Orchestrating resources and capabilities, Bridging business strategy and corporate strategy, Pursuing competitive advantage, Formulating and executing strategies.
ASPIRE (Contemporary Challenges)
- Attaining Customer-Centricity
- Principles of customer relationship management, Bringing customer focus to the organization, Customer value proposition, Value-based pricing, Managing the customer life cycle, Linking customer value proposition to organizational culture, Digital marketing.
- Renewing through Innovation
- Innovation and competitive advantage, Imbibing a start-up mindset, Organization design for innovation, Failure and continuous experimentation, Managing rapid commercialization, Embedding innovation-seeking processes in organizations, Business model innovation.
- Competing in the Digital Age
- The digital revolution and its implications for the organization of work, Understanding opportunities for and threats to your business in the digital era, Analytics and business performance, The emergence of platform-based competition, Formulating a digital strategy, Overhauling your organization to take advantage of the digital age.
- Building a Global Organization
- The global environment of business and competition, Assessing country risk, Engaging with cultural, administrative, geographic, and economic differences across countries, Developing a global strategy for your enterprise, Different models of managing global organizations.
DELIVER (Distinctive Execution)
- Practicing Leadership
- Understanding leadership styles, Identifying and honing your leadership skills, Aligning individual skills and resources in the pursuit of organizational goals, Motivating teams and groups, Transformational leadership, Managing in a crisis, Managing conflict and dissent, Fostering leadership systems.
- Managing Change
- Understanding organizational inertia, Initiating purposeful change, Framing change and constructing consensus, Building ambidexterity in organization, Shaping organizational culture, Thinking about society and sustainability.
- Unleashing Growth
- The growth imperative, Resources and capabilities, Make or buy growth decisions, strategic decisions of acquisition and strategic alliances, the organizational context of growth, Managing internationalization, new markets and value innovation.
- The CEO Looks Back
- Talks by and interaction with current and past CEOs on their experience of leading their organizations.
The learners have to successfully complete a comprehensive project. Each project will be supervised by an IIMC instructor. The project will include briefing sessions, progressive seminars, and a final online presentation.
Selected instructors from different academic groups within IIM Calcutta will conduct the program. Complete profile of the instructors can be found at https://iimcal.ac.in/faculty.
On successful completion of the course, the learner will receive a certificate of completion from IIMC. The candidates will also be awarded an alumni status by IIMC.
The pre-requisites for the program are:
- The applicant should a working Professional with a minimum of 15 years of experience and in a position not more than 2 levels below the CEO of an organization.
- The applicant should be a proprietor or director of a large corporation with an annual turnover of above 500 crores.
What is the course fee and payment options?
The course fee is 4, 59,000 plus 15% service tax. We also offer Installment options which is as below:
|Date||On Application||On Registration||Jul 2017||Sept 2017|
Note: These amounts do not include taxes. A service tax of 15% will be charged on all transactions.
The application fee for the course is 9,000 + 15% service tax and has to be paid at the time of application. In case the candidate is selected for the course, then this amount will be adjusted in the course fee. If the candidate is not selected the entire application fee along with the service tax will be refunded. The application fee will NOT be refunded in the following conditions:
- The application is found to be incomplete or inaccurate at any stage of verification.
- The applicant is offered a seat for the course but does not join the course on or before the date mentioned in the offer letter.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is complete in all respects. The selection offer letter is for a specific batch of a course. Neither the offer for admission nor the initial amount is transferable to any other course or batch.
Campus Visit Fee
A mandatory campus visit fee is to be paid before every campus visit to IIMC. This amount includes boarding and lodging. Travel arrangements including travel expenses for the campus visit have to be made by the learners themselves.
The campus visit fee should be paid via DD drawn in favor of "Indian Institute of Management Calcutta" payable at Kolkata close to the visit date.
The total campus visit fee (for both campus modules) is 2, 40,000 plus service tax payable directly to IIMC. This amount will be paid in two installments before the beginning of each campus visit (60,000 for the each visit).
What happens if I miss a session?
All the live sessions are recorded and available for later view. Learners can refer to recordings of a missed session at their convenience.
What is your refund policy?
Upon registering for the course, if for some reason you are unable or unwilling to participate in the course further, you can apply for a refund. You can initiate the refund any time before start of the course by sending an email to email@example.com, with your enrollment details and bank account details (where you want the amount to be transferred). Once you initiate a refund request, you will receive the amount within 30 days after confirmation and verification of your details by our team. This is provided if you have not downloaded any resources after registration.
Please Note: training.com/NIIT will conduct an orientation prior to the first session by IIMC. This orientation is considered the official start of the program/batch.
What are the minimum system requirements to attend the course?
- Personal computer or Laptop with web camera
- Headphone with Mic
- Broadband connection with minimum bandwidth of 1Mbps.However, recommend is 2 Mbps.
Minimum system requirements for accessing the courses are:
A self-diagnostic test to meet necessary requirements to be done is available at
Please note that webcam, mike and internet speed cannot be verified through this link.
Is there an official support desk for technical guidance during the training program?
Yes. For immediate technical support, you can reach out on 91-9717992809 or 0124-4917203 between 9:00 AM and 8:00 PM IST. You can write to firstname.lastname@example.org for all other queries and our team will be happy to help you.