The EPDSMMS has been designed to provide a solid foundation for marketing management professionals keen to specialize in digital and social media marketing. This course will sharpen your traditional marketing skills and provide basic and advanced concepts in digital and social media marketing. This course will share insights on the latest trends, best practices and technologies for effective digital marketing and also offer in-depth knowledge on digital marketing analytics including how to plan, implement, and measure a digital marketing strategy to create awareness, generate leads, and ultimately drive sales. The course instructor will focus on the synergy between in-field practice and in-class learning.
Here is what some of the past participants had to say about the course:
“Happy to be a part of a dynamic programme and learning under distinguished faculty and speakers from IIM Calcutta. The sessions have been very interactive and interesting. A wonderful learning experience.”
“NIIT's initiative and support during the online classes was commendable. At the IIM Campus meeting the respected professors and the visiting faculties from different domain was certainly lucrative. Along with it interacting and knowing our fellow talented batch mates was the icing on the cake. Overall a brilliant experience. Thank you for such an exposure.”
- Sharpen your knowledge of traditional marketing management theory
- Acquire an in-depth knowledge on digital marketing and analytics concepts
- Learn to plan, implement and measure a digital marketing strategy
- Build a project of your choice on digital and social media marketing guided by an instructor
Understanding the Strategic Need for Digital and Social Media Marketing
- Firm and its resources and capabilities
- Competitive strategy in the digital era
- Customer value, satisfaction and relationships
- Customers’ buying behavior
- Market segmentation and targeting
- Product & brand management
- Sales & distribution management
- Advertising and sales promotion
- Integrated marketing communications
- Understanding the digital era through social, mobile, analytics and cloud
- Digital disruption in marketing
- Digital models for branding, sales, advertising and customer management
- Agility and customer centricity through digital technologies
- Web, mobile and social channels for marketing and their co-ordination
Execution Plans for Digital and Social Media Marketing
- Content management for web and social channels
- Web pages and banner advertisements
- Email and SMS marketing
- Blog marketing
- Mobile marketing
- Inbound marketing
- User generated content
- Electronic word of mouth and viral marketing
- Influencer management
- Campaign management
- Social listening and social media marketing
- Social channel management
- Business intelligence and dashboards for marketing applications
- Machine learning for customer analytics using analytics tools
- Classification, clustering and market basket analysis
- Predictive analytics for marketing
- Organic and sponsored search advertising
- Search engine optimization
- Web behavior understanding using web analytics tools
- Social media analytics tools and techniques
Assessing the Impact of Digital and Social Media Marketing
- Creating a road map for digital marketing initiatives
- Integrating offline and online channels through digital marketing
- Best practices in digital and social media marketing
- Understanding ROI for digital marketing projects
- Digital marketing project management
- Innovation for digital marketing
- Strategic role of Big Data in digital marketing
- Emerging technologies for digital marketing
- Funding, championing and sustaining digital marketing initiatives
- Leading and managing digital marketing teams
- Experience sharing and project presentations
The Program directors for this course will be will be Prof. Ramendra Singh and Professor Indranil Bose.
Prof. Ramendra Singh,, a specialist in B2B Marketing and Marketing Management, is an Associate Professor of Marketing at IIMC. He holds a PhD from IIM Ahmedabad, MBA from XLRI Jamshedpur and B. Tech from IIT-BHU. His research has been published in reputed international journals such as Marketing Theory, Industrial Marketing Management and Journal of Business Ethics. His complete profile can be found at https://www.iimcal.ac.in/users/ramendra.
Prof. Indranil Bose, a specialist in Predictive Analysis and Big Data, is a Professor of Management Information Systems at the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. He was the founding Chairperson of the Postgraduate Diploma in Business Analytics offered by IIM Calcutta, IIT Kharagpur and ISL Kolkata. Previously, he was an instructor member at the University of Hong Kong, University of Florida, and University of Texas at Arlington. He holds a B. Tech (Hons.) from IIT Kharagpur, MS from University of Iowa, and MS and PhD from Purdue University. His complete profile can be found at https://www.iimcal.ac.in/users/indranil.
This course will also include lectures by guest speakers from relevant industries. The guest speakers are:
- Ms. Ami Shah, a Marketer, Co-founder of IntelliAssist and visiting faculty at IIM Bangalore, IIM Calcutta, IIM Lucknow and IIM Ranchi.
- Mr. Sujay Golan, Head of Digital Marketing at InMobi.
- Mr. Gautam Ghosh, a Consultant in Social Media and HR, Director of Talent Branding at Flipkart.
- Mr. Ritesh Naik, co-founder of Ad Magnet and former CEO of Interactive Avenues.
- Mr. Omar Syed, a seasoned Digital Marketer with over 15 years of experience and the winner of the Best Digital Marketing Professional in 2013 by World Brand Congress.
On successful completion of the course, the learner will receive a certificate of completion from IIMC. The candidates will also be awarded an alumni status by IIMC.
There will be exams at the end of each module. All exams would be assessed on four different grades – Excellent, Good, Average and Poor. Candidates will successfully complete the course if they have received poor grades in not more than two exams. All learners must attend at least 80% of all sessions in each module, and get minimum grades to be eligible for certificate of successful completion from IIM Calcutta.
All learners must to do a compulsory project based on a topic of their choice related to digital or social media marketing. Non-completion of the project would lead to incomplete grade in the course. Each project would be guided by an instructor from IIMC, besides an industry mentor to be chosen by the learner him/her self. The project would be graded separately by the instructor guide and industry mentor.
The prerequisites for the program are:
The applicant should be a Graduate (10+2+3 or equivalent) or a Post-graduate in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks (aggregate).
The applicant should have a work experience of at least 2 years in media, advertising, start-up businesses, social or digital media, e-commerce and related domains.
Applicant selection will be based on:
- Past Academic Performance
- Work Experience
What is the course fee and payment options?
The course fee is 1,44,000 plus applicable taxes. We also offer Installments options which is as below:
|Date||On Application||On Registration||Dec 2017||Feb 2018|
Note: These amounts do not include taxes. Applicable taxes will be charged on all transactions.
An Application Fee of 9,000 + applicable tax has to be paid at the time of application. In case the candidate is selected for the course, then this amount will be adjusted in the course fee. If the candidate is not selected the entire application fee (along with the service tax) will be refunded.
The Application Fee will NOT be refunded in case of any of the following conditions:
- The application is found to be incomplete or inaccurate at any stage of scrutiny.
- The applicant is offered a seat for the course and does not join before the date mentioned in the offer letter.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is complete in all respects. The selection offer letter is for a specific batch of a course. Neither the offer for admission nor the initial amount is transferable to any other course or batch.
Campus Visit Fee
A mandatory campus visit fee is to be paid before every campus visit to IIMC. This amount includes boarding and lodging. Travel arrangements including travel expenses for the campus visit have to be made by the learners themselves
The campus visit fee should be paid via DD drawn in favor of "Indian Institute of Management Calcutta" payable at Kolkata close to the visit date.
A campus visit fee of 6000 per day plus applicable taxes is payable directly to IIMC. This amount will be paid over two installments, before the beginning of each campus visit.
Why Should I join this course?
This course is designed for Marketing, Advertising, Branding, Product and Sales Executives. It will also be relevant to Entrepreneurs, Ecommerce and Freelance Executives. The course will be an add-on to professionals planning to implement digital and social media campaigns to create brand awareness, enhance brand recall, generate leads and enhance customer experience.
What are the class/session timings?
Classes will be held every Wednesday and Saturday. Each class duration will be for three hours. In addition, there will be two campus visits to IIMC.
What happens if I miss a session?
All the live sessions are recorded and available for later view. Learners can refer to recordings of a missed session at their convenience.
What is your refund policy?
Upon registering for the course, if for some reason you are unable or unwilling to participate in the course further, you can apply for a refund. You can initiate the refund any time before start of the second session of the course by sending an email to email@example.com , with your enrollment details and bank account details (where you want the amount to be transferred). Once you initiate a refund request, you will receive the amount within 21 days after confirmation and verification by our team. This is provided if you have not downloaded any course ware after registration.
Please Note: training.com/NIIT will conduct an orientation prior to the first session by IIMC. This orientation is considered the official start of the program/batch.
What are the minimum system requirements to attend the course?
- Personal computer or Laptop with web camera
- Headphone with Mic
- Broadband connection with minimum bandwidth of 1mbps .however, recommend is 2 mbps.
Minimum system requirements for accessing the courses are:
A self-diagnostic test to meet necessary requirements to be done is available at
Please note that webcam, mike and internet speed cannot be verified through this link.
Is there an official support desk for technical guidance during the training program?
Yes. For immediate technical support, you can reach out on 91-9717992809 or 0124-4917203 between 9:00 AM and 8:00 PM IST. You can write to firstname.lastname@example.org for all other queries and our team will be happy to help you.