This course covers complete SAS programming language, tools and various analytical techniques built using SAS. It starts with the fundamental concepts in SAS as a language and completes with an introduction to advanced SAS topics like SAS Macros. You will also learn to compute data from various sources and present it in the form of tables and graphs. You will acquire insights to simple data management and reporting to build data warehouses and simple BI.
- Get a clear picture of how SAS works in the back-end for coding in programming languages
- Be able to apply various data mining techniques
- Perform Data Exploratory Analysis
- Gain practical knowledge by working on industry-relevant case study during the course
Introduction and Accessing data
- Introduction: History
- SAS Windows and its contents
- SAS Studio on SAS University edition
- SAS data sets
- Parts of a SAS program
- Modes for submitting a SAS program
- How SAS language works
- DATA-STEP’s built-in loop
- Program data vector (PDV)
- Getting your data into SAS
- Temporary vs. Permanent SAS data sets
- Working with data
- Creating and redefining variables
Working with Data
- Creating and redefining variables revisited
- SAS functions: NUMERIC, CHARACTER
- Working with SAS dates
- SAS formats
- SAS informats
- PUT & INPUT
- Conditional variable creation
Working with Data: Loops and Advanced topics
- Loops and Advanced topics
- Working with data: LOOPS
- DO statement (Loop)
- DO-UNTIL statement
- DO-WHILE statement
- Working with data: Advanced topics
- Retain & Sum statements
- Uni-dimensional ARRAYS
- PROC SORT – an introduction
- SAS Automatic variables
- Appending datasets
- Using SAS dataset option IN
- Appending datasets using IN
- Merging datasets
- Merging scenarios through Venn diagram
- Merging codes for 4 scenarios
- Using SAS PROCEDURES
- PROC IMPORT
- PROC DATASETS
- PROC CONTENTS
- PROC PRINT
- PROC FREQ
- PROC SORT
- PROC FORMAT
- PROC SURVEYSELECT
- PROC TRANSPOSE
- PROC MEANS
- PROC SUMMARY
- PROC RANK
- PROC OPTIONS
- PROC EXPORT
Basic stats using SAS
- Introductory Statistical PROCs
- PROC CORR
- PROC UNIVARIATE
- PROC FREQ
- Summarizing data using PROC MEANS
- Merging summary statistics to Parent data
Debugging and Introduction to Advanced SAS
- Writing programs that work
- Fixing programs that do not work
- Introduction to Advanced SAS - Structured Query Language
Recap and Case study
- Concepts quickly revisited
- Accessing data
- Working with data
- Variable creation
- Dataset options
- Sorting & Combining data
- Three best practices when approaching a new dataset
- Case study on BFSI data: Problem statement - Building Customer Analytics Record
Instructors are handpicked from a selected group of industry experts and mentors and trained to deliver the best online learning experience. All training.com instructors have at least ten years of industry experience and extensive functional expertise in the field they train.
- The assessment will be done on the basis of an online test and Project Evaluation at the end of the course.
- Weightage of Project Evaluation is 30% and that of Online test is 70%. Minimum pass percentage for online test is 70.
- On completion of the Assessment (Project + Test) with a minimum of 70% marks, training.com will issue a certificate of successful completion from NIIT.
- Five re-attempts will be provided to clear online test in case the candidate scores less than 70%.
- A Participation certificate will be issued if the candidate does not score 70% in the Assessment.
- Soft copy of the certification will be issued to the participants, on completion of the course.
Learners should preferrably have reasonable level of proficiency in any data handling tool like MS Excel.
Who should join this course?
- The course will be ideal for:
- Analytics professionals who want to move to advanced analytics
- BI /ETL/DW professionals who want to start exploring data to eventually move to data science specialists
- Project Managers who want to build hands-on SAS knowledge and become a SME via analytics specialization
- Testing professionals who want to move to creative aspects of data analytics
- Mainframe professionals who want to specialize in data analytics
- Software developers and architects who want to change roles as data scientists
- Graduates who want to build a career in Big Data
Why should I join this course?
More than 83000 business and government organizations worldwide use SAS Software. 94 of the top 100 companies on the 2016 Fortune Global 500® are SAS customers. The best way to foray in the world of analytics is to get trained in SAS programming. This course is designed for professionals who want to learn widely acceptable data mining and exploration tools and techniques and wish to build a booming career around data analytics. This course details exploring data with SAS procedures and perform statistical analyses.
Where can I find my session schedule?
The session schedule will be available in the training.com Student portal - Learning Plan section. You can login to your training.com account to view the same.
Do you provide any study materials?
The study material will be available in the training.com Student portal - Resources section. You can login to your training.com account to view the same.
What happens if I miss a session?
All the live sessions are recorded and available for later view. Learners can refer to recordings of a missed session at their convenience.
What is your refund policy?
Upon registering for the course, if for some reason you are unable or unwilling to participate in the course further, you can apply for a refund. You can initiate the refund any time before start of the second session of the course by sending an email to email@example.com , with your enrolment details and bank account details (where you want the amount to be transferred). Once you initiate a refund request, you will receive the amount within 21 days after confirmation and verification by our team. This is provided if you have not downloaded any courseware after registration.
What are the minimum system requirements to attend the course?
- Personal computer or Laptop with web camera
- Headphone with Noise Clarity Microphone
- Broadband connection with minimum bandwidth of 4 mbps.
- Its recommended to use System Health Check to examine the OS details, Add in, Plugins, Camera, Mic and other external devices.
Minimum system requirements for accessing the courses are:
Is there an official support desk for technical guidance during the training program?
Yes. For immediate technical support during the live online classroom sessions, you can call 91-9717992809 or 0124-4917203 between 9:00 AM and 8:00 PM IST. You can write to firstname.lastname@example.org for all other queries and our team will be happy to help you.