Power BI is the most popular cloud based service amongst data science professionals. It helps you visualise and derive insights from the data of an organization.
In this course you will learn from the Power BI product team at Microsoft with a series of short, lecture-based videos, complete with demos, quizzes, and hands-on labs. Throughout the course, you will gain fair, in-depth knowledge. You will learn activities such as connecting to and importing your data, authoring reports using Power BI Desktop and publishing those reports to the Power BI service. You will also learn to create dashboards and share it with business the users through mobile and web services.
- Connect, import, shape, and transform data for business intelligence (BI)
- Visualize data, author reports, and schedule automated refresh of your reports
- Create and share dashboards based on reports in Power BI desktop and Excel
- Use natural language queries
- Create real-time dashboards
Begin with the Course
- Course overview
- Installation of Power BI
- Pre-course Survey
- What is Power BI?
- Meet the Presenters
- Overview of Power BI
- Connecting to SaS
- Power BI Community
Power BI Desktop DataTransformations
- Power BI Desktop DataTransformations
Power BI Desktop Modeling
- Managing Data Relationships
- Creating Calculated Columns
- Optimizing Models for Reporting
- Creating Calculated Measures
- Creating and Managing Hierarchies
- Using Calculated Tables
- Time Intelligence
- Manually Typing in a Data Table
- Include / Exclude
- Grouping / Binning
Power BI Desktop Visualization
- Pie and Treemap
- Hierarchical Axis and Concatenating
- Filter (Including TopN)
- Bar Chart with Line (Combo Chart)
- Analytics Pane, Clustering (and Machine Learning). Slicer
- Focus Mode and See Data
- Date Slicer
- Map Visualizations
- ESRI Map
- Table and Matrix
- Table Styles
- Scatter Chart
- Card and KPI Coloring Charts
- Textboxes and Images
- Gridlines and Snap to Grid
- Page Layout and Formatting
- Visual Relationship
- Duplicate Page
- Categories with No Data
- Default Summarization and Categorization
- Aligning and Sorting Visuals
- Date Hierarchy
- R - Visual Integration
Working with Multiple Visualizations:
Power BI Service
- Working with Power BI Service: Introduction
- Overview of Dashboards and Service
- Uploading to Power BI Service
- Quick Insights
- Configuring a Dashboard
- Adding Textbox
- Image Widgets
- Featured and Favorite Dashboard
- Filtering Dashboard
- Dashboard Settings
- Natural Language Queries
- Featured Questions
- Sharing a Dashboard
- In-Focus Mode
- Pinning a Live Page
- Custom URL and Title
- TV Mode and Collapse Navigation
- Printing Dashboard and Exporting Data
- Export to CSV and Excel
- Power BI Notifications
- Alerts in the Power BI Service
- Personal Gateway
- Publishing to Web
- Admin Portal
Viewing Power BI Dashboard:
- Viewing in Windows App
- Viewing in Android App
- Viewing in Ipad
- Viewing in iPhone
Working with Excel
- Connecting and Collaborating with Excel current section: Introduction
- Importing Excel Data using Simple Table
- Excel Workbook with Excel Data Model
- Connecting to Excel Workbook on OneDrive for Business
- Pinning Excel Tables or Visuals
- Analyzing Data in Excel
Organization Packs, Security and Groups
- Working with Others: Introduction
- Creating a Group
- Creating a Content Pack
- Using a Content Pack
- Editing a Content Pack
- OneDrive for Business Integration
- Row Level Security
- Data Classification
- Direct Connectivity current section: Introduction
- Direct Connectivity to SQL Azure
- Direct Connectivity to SQL Database
- Direct Connectivity to SSAS
- Using SSAS Connector
- SSAS Multi-Dimensional Preview
- SAP HANA, Summary
- Developer API: Introduction
- Interactive API Console
- Registering a Client App and Embedding a Tile
- Using PubNub to Push Data to a Tile
- Creating Custom Visuals
- Using Custom Visuals
- Power BI Embedded
- Quiz Lab
- Identifying Project Stakeholders
- Managing Project Stakeholders
Instructors are handpicked from a selected group of industry experts and mentors and trained to deliver the best online learning experience. All training.com instructors have at least ten years of industry experience and extensive functional expertise in the field they train.
- The assessment will be done on the basis of an online test and Project Evaluation at the end of the course.
- Weightage of Project Evaluation is 30% and that of Online test is 70%. Minimum pass percentage for online test is 70.
- On completion of the Assessment (Project + Test) with a minimum of 70% marks, training.com will issue a certificate of successful completion from NIIT.
- Five re-attempts will be provided to clear online test in case the candidate scores less than 70%.
- A Participation certificate will be issued if the candidate does not score 70% in the Assessment.
- Soft copy of the certification will be issued to the participants, on completion of the course.
Some experience in working with data from Excel, databases, or text files.
Who should join this course?
We would recommend this path strongly for professionals in the following roles:
- IT professionals
- Analytics Managers
- Business Analysts
- Banking and Finance professionals
- Marketing Managers
- Supply Chain Network Managers
- Freshers into data analytics domain
- Students in UG/ PG Analytics Programs
Why should I join this course?
If you have interest in data analytics and you want to become a data scientist, then this is the perfect course for you. It is preferable for both the freshers and experienced professionals. This course will help you gain expertise in analytics.
What happens if I miss a session?
All the live sessions are recorded and available for later view. Learners can refer to recordings of a missed session at their convenience.
Where can I find my session schedule?
The session schedule will be available in the training.com Student portal - Learning Plan section. You can login to your training.com account to view the same.
Do you provide any study materials?
The study material will be available in the training.com Student portal - Resources section. You can login to your training.com account to view the same.
What is your refund policy?
Upon registering for the course, if for some reason you are unable or unwilling to participate in the course further, you can apply for a refund. You can initiate the refund any time before start of the second session of the course by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org , with your enrolment details and bank account details (where you want the amount to be transferred). Once you initiate a refund request, you will receive the amount within 21 days after confirmation and verification by our team. This is provided if you have not downloaded any courseware after registration.
What are the minimum system requirements to attend the program?
- Personal computer or Laptop with web camera
- Headphone with Noise Clarity Microphone
- Broadband connection with minimum bandwidth of 4 mbps.
- Its recommended to use System Health Check to examine the OS details, Add in, Plugins, Camera, Mic and other external devices.
Minimum system requirements for accessing the courses are:
Is there an official support desk for technical guidance during the training program?
Yes. For immediate technical support during the live online classroom sessions, you can call 91-9717992809 or 0124-4917203 between 9:00 AM and 8:00 PM IST. You can write to email@example.com for all other queries and our team will be happy to help you.