Work faster and in a more efficient way with complete understanding in shell scripting. This course provides a complete base on UNIX Fundamentals. The course explains shell scripting in the easiest way to understand it. Shell scripting finds its way in Programming, System administration, Web development and designing.
- Understand and identify different UNIX Operating Systems
- Be able to write, execute and debug Shell Scripts
- Acquire insights to running and troubleshooting UNIX Shell scripts
- Build the UNIX architecture and its different layers
- Introduction to the UNIX Operating System
- Features of UNIX
- UNIX vs Windows and DOS Operating System
- Different flavors of UNIX, UNIX System Architecture
- File System Layout in UNIX
- UNIX Command Usage
- UNIX Directory Structure/Hierarchy
- Advantages and Disadvantages of UNIX OS
- Accessing UNIX Server
- Getting started: Ubuntu
- Special commands in Ubuntu (like apt-get, apt-cache, etc.)
- Basic useful UNIX commands (like sleep, passwd, date, cal, etc.)
- Login related commands
- Terminal related commands
- Online Manual, Displaying Message
- Disk related commands
- Command for UNIX OS details
- Control Terminal Colour
- What is Files
- Directories and Sub-directories
- Types of Files
- Naming convention of Files
- Directory related terms
- Wildcard Character used in Files
- Commands to manage Directories
- Commands to create, display and delete Files
- Commands to Managing Files (cp, mv, wc, lp, etc)
- Input/output Redirection
- Splitting File Horizontally
- Splitting File vertically
- Useful File related Commands (like paste, tee, tr, cmp, comm, diff, alias, etc)
- File Search
- Compressing and Archiving Files
- ln: Linking Files
- Filter related Commands (like grep, sort, uniq, awk, etc)
- Categories of Users and Permissions
- Changing File Permission
- Changing File Ownership
- What is Superuser
- Use of umask Command
- Communication Commands in Network
- Network related Commands
- Transferring files between Local and Server
- Copy files from server to server
- Different types of Editors (like ed, sed, gEdit, emacs, nano, vi, vim)
- Different modes of the vi editor
- Screen Control
- Cursor Movement
- Commands for saving and exit
- Insert and Delete operation in vi
- Searching for a pattern, Replace/Substitute
- Joining Lines
- Copy and Paste
- Block Copy
- Move and Delete
- Special features of vim editor
- sed: Stream Editor
- Use of xargs command
- Different types of shell
- What is Shell Scripting?
- How to write and execute a Shell script file
- Scripting Language vs Programming Language
- Running jobs in the background and foreground
- Scheduling Job (at, batch, cron, nice)
- Terminate Process Environment Variable
- Local and Global Variables
- Positional Parameter
- Escape and Quoting Mechanism
- Batch Script vs Shell Script
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Shell Script
- Shell Arithmetic Basic Operators
- Shell Function
- Decision Making Statement
- Debugging Shell Scripts
- Shell Loops
- Loop Control flow
- Some important Shell Script Programs
- Objective/FAQ discussion, Queries/Doubt Clarification, Project
Instructors are handpicked from a selected group of industry experts and mentors and trained to deliver the best online learning experience. All training.com instructors have at least ten years of industry experience and extensive functional expertise in the field they train.
An assessment will be conducted at the end of the course. On completion of the assessment with a minimum of 70% marks, training.com will issue a certificate of successful completion from NIIT.
Learners can re-attempt the assessment for a maximum of five attempts.
A Participation certificate will be issued if the learner does not score 70% after five attempts.
Learners should preferably have knowledge of the Windows OS.
Who should join this course?
- Developers/Testers who want to accelerate their careers
- Analytics Managers who are subject matter experts, or/and are leading a team of analysts
- Individual contributors in the field of Enterprise Business Intelligence
Why should I join this course?
Shell scripting would be a good start for a career growth in DevOps or System administration. Learning shell script will make you fluent in commands and also help you migrate to other scripting languages such as python or Perl easily. Most organizations now demand shell scripting at all levels for career growth.
Where can I find my session schedule?
The session schedule will be available in the training.com Student portal - Learning Plan section. You can login to your training.com account to view the same.
Do you provide any study materials?
The study material will be available in the training.com Student portal - Resources section. You can login to your training.com account to view the same.
What happens if I miss a session?
All the live sessions are recorded and available for later view. Learners can refer to recordings of a missed session at their convenience.
What is your refund policy?
Upon registering for the course,if for some reason you are unable or unwilling to participate in the course further, you can apply for a refund.You can initiate the refund any time before start of the second session of the course by sending an email to email@example.com ,with your enrolment details and bank account details (where you want the amount to be transferred).Once you initiate a refund request,you will receive the amount within 21 days after confirmation and verification by our team.This is provided if you have not downloaded any courseware after registration.
What are the minimum system requirements to attend the course?
- Personal computer or Laptop with web camera
- Headphone with Mic
- Minimum 1 Mbps broadband connection with 4 Mbps download speed
A self-diagnostic test to meet necessary requirements to be done is available at
Please note that webcam, mike and internet speed cannot be verified through this link.
Is there an official support desk for technical guidance during the training program?
Yes. For immediate technical support during the live online classroom sessions, you can call 91-9717992809 or 0124-4917203 between 9:00 AM and 8:00 PM IST. You can write to firstname.lastname@example.org for all other queries and our team will be happy to help you.