Teradata is a fully scalable relational database management system produced by Teradata Corp. It is widely used to manage large data warehousing operations. This course will acquaint you with the Teradata technology. With Teradata, you can develop business led data strategies and architect and implement diverse analytic ecosystems. This course will prepare you to code and maintain Teradata RDBMS systems with confidence and help you to solve problems within the database.
- Understand Teradata Architecture and Indexing Mechanism
- Acquire Teradata's competitive advantage over other RDBMS
- Use SQL to process data stored in Teradata tables
- Use Teradata application utilities to import/export data
- Apply various performance turning techniques to optimize queries
- Basic Relational Concepts
- What is Teradata
- Competitive advantages over other RDBMS
- Teradata Architecture
- Teradata Components
- How components Interact with each other
- How Data is stored and Retrieved
- Connectivity with Mainframe and Network Applications
- Tools & Utilities
- Teradata Unified Data Architecture
- Difference between Primary Key and Primary Index
- Primary Index and types
- How primary index is used in data distribution and retrieval
- Secondary index and its types
- Data retrieval using secondary Index
- Partition primary index and its types
- Advantage of PPI
- Join strategies
- How data is redistributed for Join processing
- Data types
- DDL Statements (CREATE, ALTER, DROP)
- DML Statements (Insert, Delete, Update)
- DCL Statements (Grant, Revoke)
- Order by, Group by, Distinct, SET Operators
- Logical & Conditional Operators
- String functions
- Cast & Format functions
- HELP and Show Functions
- Date Functions
- Built-In Functions
- Joins (INNER and OUTER)
- Transaction locks
- Fallback tables
- Permanent Journal
- Down AMP Recovery Journal
- Transient Journal
- Hot Standby nodes
- RAID 1 & RAID 5
- Data Dictionary
- Sub queries
- Upsert, Case, Coalesce, Nullif, OLAP Functions
- Rank & Row Number
- Transaction Modes
- Temporary Tables (Derived, Volatile and Global Temporary)
- Explain and Collect Statistics
- Stored Procedure
- Join Index
- Performance Tuning tips
- What is FastLoad
- How FastLoad loads data
- How to restart failed FastLoad jobs
- What is MultiLoad and how MultiLoad works
- Using MultiLoad to insert/update/delete data from Teradata tables
- Using BTEQ to import/export data
- FastExport - Exporting data from Teradata
- TPT overview
- TPT Export
- TPT SQL Selector
- TPT Load
- TPT Update Comparison of Load/Unload Utilities
Instructors are handpicked from a selected group of industry experts and mentors and trained to deliver the best online learning experience. All training.com instructors have at least ten years of industry experience and extensive functional expertise in the field they train.
An assessment will be conducted at the end of the course. On completion of the assessment with a minimum of 70% marks, training.com will issue a certificate of successful completion from NIIT.
Learners can re-attempt the assessment for a maximum of five attempts.
A Participation certificate will be issued if the learner does not score 70% after five attempts.
Learners should possess a basic Knowledge in SQL, General Relational Databases and basic UNIX commands.
Who should join this course?
- Developers/Testers who want to accelerate their careers
- Analytics Managers who are subject matter experts, or/and are leading a team of analysts
- Individual contributors in the field of Enterprise Business Intelligence
Why should I join this course?
Teradata is a fully scalable relational database management system produced by Teradata Corp. If you are new to Teradata or would like to learn more about how it functions, this course will be a perfect fit for you! The course starts with an overview on Teradata, gradually moving to core databases and Teradata utilities. Teradata consultants are in high demand since they can manage large data warehousing operations.
Where can I find my session schedule?
The session schedule will be available in the training.com Student portal - Learning Plan section. You can login to your training.com account to view the same.
Do you provide any study materials?
The study material will be available in the training.com Student portal - Resources section. You can login to your training.com account to view the same.
What happens if I miss a session?
All the live sessions are recorded and available for later view. Learners can refer to recordings of a missed session at their convenience.
What is your refund policy?
Upon registering for the course, if for some reason you are unable or unwilling to participate in the course further, you can apply for a refund. You can initiate the refund any time before start of the second session of the course by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org ,with your enrolment details and bank account details (where you want the amount to be transferred). Once you initiate a refund request,you will receive the amount within 21 days after confirmation and verification by our team.This is provided if you have not downloaded any courseware after registration.
What are the minimum system requirements to attend the course?
- Personal computer or Laptop with web camera
- Headphone with Mic
- Broadband connection with minimum bandwidth of 1 Mbps .However, recommend is 2 Mbps.
Minimum system requirements for accessing the courses are:
A self-diagnostic test to meet necessary requirements to be done is available at
Please note that webcam, mike and internet speed cannot be verified through this link.
Is there an official support desk for technical guidance during the training program?
Yes. For immediate technical support during the live online classroom sessions, you can call 91-9717992809 or 0124-4917203 between 9:00 AM and 8:00 PM IST. You can write to email@example.com for all other queries and our team will be happy to help you.