The course on R gives students a systematic overview of how to solve programming problems using the R language. It exposes students to basic concepts in R, followed by the use of various libraries in R. In addition, this course covers basic concepts in statistics using R Commander, as well as implementing algorithms for data visualization in R. In addition, students are exposed to advanced topics like time series analysis.
- To get a basic understanding of R and the various ways to create scripts and programs in R
- To understand some of the key constructs in R for data handling
- To understand how to use R in interacting with the external world
- To understand and appreciate how to summarize large volumes of data effectively by appropriate use of charts of different types
- Understand how to use R for real-life applications, such as regression and forecasting
An introduction To R
- Genesis of R
- Structure of R and a brief comparison with programming languages like C, C++, and Java
- Installing R
- When and where to use R
- Basic syntax of R and basic data types
- Simple R programs
- The R Interactive Development Environment
- Creating and running R programs
- Debugging R programs - an introduction
Introduction To R datatypes
- Matrices, vectors, and dataframes in R
- Loops and conditional flows in R
- Basic concepts in recursion
- Recursion in R
- Improving performance of loops in R with the array family of functions
- Description of array family of functions in R
File processing and web scraping in R
- File types and file handling in R
- Reading and saving to various types of files
- Concept of web scraping
- Approaches to web scraping using R
Data Visualization in R
- Basic principles of data visualization
- How to use data visualization for analytics
- Techniques for handling data visualization using R
- Approaches to visualizing large volumes of data
Using R for statistics functions
- Installing and deploying R Commander
- Statistical functions in R Commander
- Managing datasets in R Commander
- Checking data integrity using R Commander
- Applying R Commander to real-life data
Regression and Time-Series Analysis
- Basic concepts of regression
- Applying regression techniques in R
- Basic concepts in time-series analysis and its use in forecasting
- Handling time-series analysis in R using ARIMA
Instructors are handpicked from a selected group of industry experts and mentors and trained to deliver the best online learning experience. All training.com instructors have at least ten years of industry experience and extensive functional expertise in the field they train.
A test will be conducted at the end of the course. On completion of the test with a minimum of 70% marks, training.com will issue a certificate of successful completion from NIIT.
One re-attempt will be provided in case the candidate scores less than 70%.
A Participation certificate will be issued if the candidate does not score 70% after two attempts.
Learners should preferably have knowledge of the Windows OS.
Where can I find my session schedule?
The session schedule will be available in the training.com Student portal - Learning Plan section. You can login to your training.com account to view the same.
Do you provide any study materials?
The study material will be available in the training.com Student portal - Resources section. You can login to your training.com account to view the same.
What happens if I miss a session?
All the live sessions are recorded and available for later view. Learners can refer to recordings of a missed session at their convenience.
What is your refund policy?
Upon registering for the course, if for some reason you are unable or unwilling to participate in the course further, you can apply for a refund. You can initiate the refund any time before start of the second session of the course by sending an email to email@example.com , with your enrolment details and bank account details (where you want the amount to be transferred). Once you initiate a refund request, you will receive the amount within 21 days after confirmation and verification by our team. This is provided if you have not downloaded any courseware after registration.
What are the minimum system requirements to attend the course?
- Personal computer or Laptop with web camera
- Headphone with Mic
- Broadband connection with minimum bandwidth of 1 Mbps .However, recommend is 2 Mbps.
Minimum system requirements for accessing the courses are:
A self-diagnostic test to meet necessary requirements to be done is available at
Please note that webcam, mike and internet speed cannot be verified through this link.
Is there an official support desk for technical guidance during the training program?
Yes. For immediate technical support during the live online classroom sessions, you can call 91-9717992809 or 0124-4917203 between 9:00 AM and 8:00 PM IST. You can write to firstname.lastname@example.org all other queries and our team will be happy to help you.