The course on R gives students a systematic overview of how to solve programming problems using the R language. It exposes students to basic concepts in R, followed by the use of various libraries in R. In addition, this course covers basic concepts in statistics using R Commander, as well as implementing algorithms for data visualization in R. In addition, students are exposed to advanced topics like time series analysis.
- To get a basic understanding of R and the various ways to create scripts and programs in R
- To understand some of the key constructs in R for data handling
- To understand how to use R in interacting with the external world
- To understand and appreciate how to summarize large volumes of data effectively by appropriate use of charts of different types
- Understand how to use R for real-life applications, such as regression and forecasting
Introduction To Data Science, Machine LearningModule 2:
Introduction To R, datatypes in R, Importing Exporting Data In RModule 3:
Using R for statistics, R Apply functionsModule 4:
Data Visualization in RModule 5:
Unsupervised Learning with RModule 6:
Linear, Logistic Regression with RModule 7:
Decision Tree, Random Forest in RModule 8:
Project Discussion, Working on Case study.Module 9:
Time-Series Analysis in RModule 10:
Text/Sentiment Analysis in R
Instructors are handpicked from a selected group of industry experts and mentors and trained to deliver the best online learning experience. All training.com instructors have at least ten years of industry experience and extensive functional expertise in the field they train.
- The assessment will be done on the basis of an online test and Project Evaluation at the end of the course.
- Weightage of Project Evaluation is 30% and that of Online test is 70%. Minimum pass percentage for online test is 70.
- On completion of the Assessment (Project + Test) with a minimum of 70% marks, training.com will issue a certificate of successful completion from NIIT.
- Five re-attempts will be provided to clear online test in case the candidate scores less than 70%.
- A Participation certificate will be issued if the candidate does not score 70% in the Assessment.
- Soft copy of the certification will be issued to the participants, on completion of the course.
Learner should have basic knowledge of statistics and computer programming. Preferably a reasonable level of proficiency in any data handling tool like MS Excel.
What is the Case Study based Project which I need to develop as part of this program?
Project 1: HOME LOAN ELIGIBILITY CHECK
A Home Loans firm provides all kinds of home loans in small, medium and big cities. When any prospective customer needs a home loan, he applies for the same and the firm checks the eligibility of that customer to avail that loan.
The firm needs to check for the loan eligibility through an automated system. Customer would enter the details in an online form like are Name, location, Educational qualification, Date of birth, Monthly income, details for family members, amount of loan needed, details of loan availed from elsewhere etc. Once the process identifies the eligible customers, the firm would focus selling their products to them on priority. As a Data Scientist, you need to devise this loan eligibility prediction model. In other words, you will tell the company by your solution that whether customer applied for loan will default or not in future!
Project 2: MOBICOM CASE STUDY
At Mobicom, you are a business analyst and have been urgently called into a meeting with the marketing head and retention manager. The agenda of this meeting is to discuss the results of Industry survey reports that have been just released. In response to these reports, senior management at Mobicom is concerned that the market environment of rising churn rates and declining ARPU will hit them even harder as churn rate at Mobicom is relatively high. Currently they have been focussing on retaining their customers on a reactive basis when the subscriber calls in to close the account. But this alone does not seem to be enough and the management team is keen to take more initiatives on this front. One of these is to roll out targeted proactive retention programs, which include usage enhancing marketing programs to increase minutes of usage (MOU), rate plan migration, and a bundling strategy among others. To be able to effectively drive these retention strategies, a few key questions of interest require urgent attention and you been given the task of showcasing data based insights and recommendations relating to subscriber churn.
Who should join this course?
Skilled Analysts are in higher demand in all industries. This course is addresses the needs of participants at all levels of experience like:
- Technology professionals looking for better career prospects in the field of Big Data and Analytics.
- Software developers looking forward to opportunities in analytics.
- Graduates aspiring for a great career in analytics and data science.
Why should I join this course?
R Programming is a statistical Programming Language when it evolved and now used in Data Science and Data Analytics. R being an open source, it attracts many developers and has rich set of packages for wide variety of Statistical computing and data visualizations. With the rise of Big Data, Analysts are highly in demand.
What happens if I miss a session?
All the live sessions are recorded and available for later view. Learners can refer to recordings of a missed session at their convenience.
Where can I find my session schedule?
The session schedule will be available in the training.com Student portal - Learning Plan section. You can login to your training.com account to view the same.
Do you provide any study materials?
The study material will be available in the training.com Student portal - Resources section. You can login to your training.com account to view the same.
What is your refund policy?
Upon registering for the course, if for some reason you are unable or unwilling to participate in the course further, you can apply for a refund. You can initiate the refund any time before start of the second session of the course by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org , with your enrolment details and bank account details (where you want the amount to be transferred). Once you initiate a refund request, you will receive the amount within 21 days after confirmation and verification by our team. This is provided if you have not downloaded any courseware after registration.
What are the minimum system requirements to attend the program?
- Personal computer or Laptop with web camera
- Headphone with Noise Clarity Microphone
- Broadband connection with minimum bandwidth of 4 mbps.
- Its recommended to use System Health Check to examine the OS details, Add in, Plugins, Camera, Mic and other external devices.
Minimum system requirements for accessing the courses are:
Is there an official support desk for technical guidance during the training program?
Yes. For immediate technical support during the live online classroom sessions, you can call 91-9717992809 or 0124-4917203 between 9:00 AM and 8:00 PM IST. You can write to email@example.com for all other queries and our team will be happy to help you.