The course on R gives students a systematic overview of how to solve programming problems using the R language. It exposes students to basic concepts in R, followed by the use of various libraries in R. In addition, this course covers basic concepts in statistics using R Commander, as well as implementing algorithms for data visualization in R. In addition, students are exposed to advanced topics like time series analysis.
- To get a basic understanding of R and the various ways to create scripts and programs in R
- To understand some of the key constructs in R for data handling
- To understand how to use R in interacting with the external world
- To understand and appreciate how to summarize large volumes of data effectively by appropriate use of charts of different types
- Understand how to use R for real-life applications, such as regression and forecasting
introduction To Data Science, Machine LearningModule 2:
Introduction To R, datatypes in R, Importing Exporting Data In RModule 3:
Using R for statistics, R Apply functionsModule 4:
Data Visualization in RModule 5:
Unsupervised Learning with RModule 6:
Linear, Logistic Regression with RModule 7:
Decision Tree, Random Forest in RModule 8:
Project Discussion, Workng on Case study.Module 9:
Time-Series Analysis in RModule 10:
Text/Sentiment Analysis in R
Instructors are handpicked from a selected group of industry experts and mentors and trained to deliver the best online learning experience. All training.com instructors have at least ten years of industry experience and extensive functional expertise in the field they train.
- The assessment will be done on the basis of an online test and Project Evaluation at the end of the course.
- Weightage of Project Evaluation is 30% and that of Online test is 70%. Minimum pass percentage for online test is 70.
- On completion of the Assessment (Project + Test) with a minimum of 70% marks, training.com will issue a certificate of successful completion from NIIT.
- Five re-attempts will be provided to clear online test in case the candidate scores less than 70%.
- A Participation certificate will be issued if the candidate does not score 70% in the Assessment (Project + Test).
Learner should have basic knowledge of statistics and computer programming. Preferably a reasonable level of proficiency in any data handling tool like MS Excel.
Where can I find my session schedule?
The session schedule will be available in the training.com Student portal - Learning Plan section. You can login to your training.com account to view the same.
What is the Case Study based Project which I need to develop as part of this program?
Background: A finance company deals in all home loans. They have presence across all urban, semi urban and rural areas. Customer first applies for home loan after that company validates the customer eligibility for loan.
Problem: Company wants to automate the loan eligibility process (real time) based on customer detail provided while filling online application form. These details are Gender, Marital Status, Education, Number of Dependents, Income, Loan Amount, Credit History and others. To automate this process, they have given a problem to identify the customers segments; those are eligible for loan amount so that they can specifically target these customers. You are required to use your “R” skills to deliver a model for predicting loan eligibility of a customer. In other words, you will tell the company by your solution that whether customer applied for loan will default or not in future!
What happens if I miss a session?
All the live sessions are recorded and available for later view. Learners can refer to recordings of a missed session at their convenience.
What is your refund policy?
Upon registering for the course, if for some reason you are unable or unwilling to participate in the course further, you can apply for a refund. You can initiate the refund any time before start of the second session of the course by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org , with your enrolment details and bank account details (where you want the amount to be transferred). Once you initiate a refund request, you will receive the amount within 21 days after confirmation and verification by our team. This is provided if you have not downloaded any courseware after registration.
What are the minimum system requirements to attend the course?
- Personal computer or Laptop with web camera
- Headphone with Mic
- Broadband connection with minimum bandwidth of 1 Mbps .However, recommend is 2 Mbps.
Minimum system requirements for accessing the courses are:
A self-diagnostic test to meet necessary requirements to be done is available at
Please note that webcam, mike and internet speed cannot be verified through this link.
Is there an official support desk for technical guidance during the training program?
Yes. For immediate technical support during the live online classroom sessions, you can call 91-9717992809 or 0124-4917203 between 9:00 AM and 8:00 PM IST. You can write to email@example.com all other queries and our team will be happy to help you.
Do you provide any study materials?
The study material will be available in the training.com Student portal - Resources section. You can login to your training.com account to view the same.