This course is part of the Microsoft Professional Program Certificate in Data Science. Excel is widely used all over the world and it includes some tools, which can help in data analysis and improving the visualization and applying some business logics. In this course, you will learn about the new tools in excel, that too from an expert from the Excel Product Team at Microsoft.
After the completion of the course, you will learn how to import data from various resources and how to create mashups between them. You will also be able to prepare data for any sort of analysis.
- Gather and transform data from multiple sources
- Discover and combine data in mashups
- Learn about data model creation
- Explore, analyze, and visualize data
- Course Overview
- Importing Data from Databases
- Lab: Explore and Extend a Classic Excel Dashboard
- Excel Dashboard
- The Excel Data Model
- Basic DAX
- Lab: Explore an Excel Data Model
- Importing Data from a CSV File
- Lab: Importing Data from a CSV File
- Importing Data from Databases
- Importing Data from Multiple Files
- Create a Date Table in Excel Data Model
- Lab: Creating Mash-ups of Data from Multiple Sources
- Creating and Formatting Measures
- Using Advanced DAX Functions
- Lab: Creating Measures using Advanced DAX Functions
- Importing Data from a Formatted Excel Report
- Lab: Advanced Text Query
- Visualizing Data in Excel
- Lab: Data Visualizations in Excel
- Using Excel with Power BI
- Power BI Mobile App
Instructors are handpicked from a selected group of industry experts and mentors and trained to deliver the best online learning experience. All training.com instructors have at least ten years of industry experience and extensive functional expertise in the field they train.
- The assessment will be done on the basis of an online test and Project Evaluation at the end of the course.
- Weightage of Project Evaluation is 30% and that of Online test is 70%. Minimum pass percentage for online test is 70.
- On completion of the Assessment (Project + Test) with a minimum of 70% marks, training.com will issue a certificate of successful completion from NIIT.
- Five re-attempts will be provided to clear online test in case the candidate scores less than 70%.
- A Participation certificate will be issued if the candidate does not score 70% in the Assessment.
- Soft copy of the certification will be issued to the participants, on completion of the course.
Understanding of Excel analytic tools such as tables, pivot tables and pivot charts is a must. Some experience in working with data from databases and also from text files will be helpful.
Who should join this course?
The Business Analytics with excel is a great course for both beginners and experienced professionals who are uninitiated to or have recently stepped into the field of analytics. This course is beneficial for
- IT developers & testers
- Junior Data scientists
- Data analysts
- Analytics Professionals
- Project managers
- Professionals working with data in any industry
Why should I join this course?
After the course, you will be able to learn how to draw an analysis from complex datasets using pivot tables and slicers. You can even apply statistical tools and concepts like moving average, hypothesis testing, ANOVA and regression to data sets using excel after the course. This course is a must for IT professionals.
What happens if I miss a session?
All the live sessions are recorded and available for later view. Learners can refer to recordings of a missed session at their convenience.
Where can I find my session schedule?
The session schedule will be available in the training.com Student portal - Learning Plan section. You can login to your training.com account to view the same.
Do you provide any study materials?
The study material will be available in the training.com Student portal - Resources section. You can login to your training.com account to view the same.
What is your refund policy?
Upon registering for the course, if for some reason you are unable or unwilling to participate in the course further, you can apply for a refund. You can initiate the refund any time before start of the second session of the course by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org , with your enrolment details and bank account details (where you want the amount to be transferred). Once you initiate a refund request, you will receive the amount within 21 days after confirmation and verification by our team. This is provided if you have not downloaded any courseware after registration.
What are the minimum system requirements to attend the program?
- Personal computer or Laptop with web camera
- Headphone with Mic
- Broadband connection with minimum bandwidth of 1 Mbps . However, recommend is 2 Mbps.
Minimum system requirements for accessing the courses are:
A self-diagnostic test to meet necessary requirements to be done is available at
Please note that webcam, mike and internet speed cannot be verified through this link.
Is there an official support desk for technical guidance during the training program?
Yes. For immediate technical support during the live online classroom sessions, you can call 91-9717992809 or 0124-4917203 between 9:00 AM and 8:00 PM IST. You can write to email@example.com for all other queries and our team will be happy to help you.