This course is part of the Microsoft Professional Program Certificate in Data Science. Excel is widely used all over the world and it includes some tools, which can help in data analysis and improving the visualization and applying some business logics. In this course, you will learn about the new tools in excel, that too from an expert from the Excel Product Team at Microsoft.
After the completion of the course, you will learn how to import data from various resources and how to create mashups between them. You will also be able to prepare data for any sort of analysis.
- Gather and transform data from multiple sources
- Discover and combine data in mashups
- Learn about data model creation
- Explore, analyze, and visualize data
- Course Overview
- Importing Data from Databases
- Lab: Explore and Extend a Classic Excel Dashboard
- Excel Dashboard
- The Excel Data Model
- Basic DAX
- Lab: Explore an Excel Data Model
- Importing Data from a CSV File
- Lab: Importing Data from a CSV File
- Importing Data from Databases
- Importing Data from Multiple Files
- Create a Date Table in Excel Data Model
- Lab: Creating Mash-ups of Data from Multiple Sources
- Creating and Formatting Measures
- Using Advanced DAX Functions
- Lab: Creating Measures using Advanced DAX Functions
- Importing Data from a Formatted Excel Report
- Lab: Advanced Text Query
- Visualizing Data in Excel
- Lab: Data Visualizations in Excel
- Using Excel with Power BI
- Power BI Mobile App
Instructors are handpicked from a selected group of industry experts and mentors and trained to deliver the best online learning experience. All training.com instructors have at least ten years of industry experience and extensive functional expertise in the field they train.
A test will be conducted at the end of the course. On completion of the test with a minimum of 70% marks, training.com will issue a certificate of successful completion from NIIT.
One re-attempt will be provided in case the candidate scores less than 70%.
A Participation certificate will be issued if the candidate does not score 70% after two attempts.
Understanding of Excel analytic tools such as tables, pivot tables and pivot charts is a must. Some experience in working with data from databases and also from text files will be helpful.
Who should join this course?
The Business Analytics with excel is a great course for both beginners and experienced professionals who are uninitiated to or have recently stepped into the field of analytics. This course is beneficial for
- IT developers & testers
- Junior Data scientists
- Data analysts
- Analytics Professionals
- Project managers
- Professionals working with data in any industry
Why should I join this course?
After the course, you will be able to learn how to draw an analysis from complex datasets using pivot tables and slicers. You can even apply statistical tools and concepts like moving average, hypothesis testing, ANOVA and regression to data sets using excel after the course. This course is a must for IT professionals.
What is your refund policy?
Upon registering for the course, if for some reason you are unable or unwilling to participate in the course further, you can apply for a refund. You can initiate the refund any time before start of the second session of the course by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org , with your enrolment details and bank account details (where you want the amount to be transferred). Once you initiate a refund request, you will receive the amount within 21 days after confirmation and verification by our team. This is provided if you have not downloaded any courseware after registration.
What are the minimum system requirements to attend the course?
- Windows operating system: Windows 7 or later
- Microsoft Excel on Windows operating system
- Microsoft Excel 2016 Professional Plus or standalone edition
- Microsoft Excel 2013 Professional Plus or standalone edition
- Microsoft Excel 2010
- Other versions of Microsoft Excel are not supported
Minimum system requirements for accessing the courses are: