OpenGL Embedding Systems (ES) is an open source, cross-platform API that provides a strong and viable interface for the stimulation of software and graphics for Android games. It paves the way to make a complete game for Android devices solely using the Android SDK. Being an open source API, OpenGL ES is completely free as opposed to other expensive game engine options.
This video course brings to you a great way to learn the use of OpenGL ES and create brilliant games while creating a framework for any future games that you would like to develop. It is enriched with the theoretical foundations of OpenGL ES along with ways to monetize your game so that you can potentially make money through the Play Store.
You will be introduced to the fundamentals of shaders and how they work in OpenGL, gradually moving into the intricacies of rendering a single cube and developing it to add different types of lighting and texturing. You will also see the implementation of particle effects to explode the cube. Finally, after playing with the key technicalities of building a game and developing the engine, you will put it all together to create the classic game from the 1970s, Breakout, and present it with an edge.
- Utilise shaders to render the objects in your game
- Discover how to encode the math functions necessary for games, from matrices to vectors
- Bring life to the scene through different types of lighting
- Add textures to objects and spice up the environment with finer details
- Make the bricks explode using the key functionalities of the particle systems
- Link different activities together to navigate through the app and create other assets
- Create the gameplay for Breakout through different input methodsand collision detection
- Include a high scores table in your game and monetise your product on the Playstore
Getting Started With Opengl Es
- Setting Up OpenGL ES in Eclipse
- Creating an OpenGL ES Environment
- Creating Your First Shaders
- Loading and Compiling the Shaders
Opengl Es Math
- OpenGL ES Matrix System
- Vector Math
- Projection Matrix and Camera View
- Transformation Matrix - Scale and Translate
- Transformation Matrix - Rotation and Final
- Theory - Quaternions
- Ambient Lighting
- Diffuse Lighting
- Specular Lighting
- Directional Light
- Point Light
- Spot Light
- Loading Textures
- Creating New Shaders for Texturing
- Drawing the Texture
- Texture Filtering
- Shaders for a Particle System
- Adding a Particle System
- Drawing the Particle System
- Customizing the Particles
Breakout – Assets And Ui
- Menu Screens
- Game Interface
- Creating the Bricks
- Creating the Ball and Paddle
- Sound Effects
Breakout – Gameplay
- Ball Movement
- Paddle Input - Touch
- Paddle Input - Accelerometer
- Collisions - Broad Phase
- Collisions - Narrow Phase
- Scoring and Lives
Breakout – Finishing Touches
- Creating a Local HighScores Table(CDC)
- How to Publish Your Game
- Optimization Techniques
- How to Add In-app Purchases
Amerigo Moscaroli is a Senior Software Developer at Mazooma Interactive his portolio can be found at amerigosgameportfolio.com (Portfolio)
A test will be conducted at the end of the course. On completion of the test with a minimum of 70% marks, training.com will issue a certificate of successful completion from NIIT.
Five re-attempts will be provided in case the candidate scores less than 70%.
A Participation certificate will be issued if the candidate does not score 70% after five attempts.
Knowledge of basic game design and development.
Working knowledge of Android Operating System and Interface with Open GL fundamentals.
Who should go for this Course?
Game developers working on game application development for hand held devices over Android platform.
Where can I find my session schedule?
The session schedule will be available in the training.com Student portal - Learning Plan section. You can login to your training.com account to view the same.
What is your refund policy?
Upon registering for the course, if for some reason you are unable or unwilling to participate in the course further, you can apply for a refund. You can initiate the refund any time before start of the second session of the course by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org , with your enrolment details and bank account details (where you want the amount to be transferred). Once you initiate a refund request, you will receive the amount within 21 days after confirmation and verification by our team. This is provided if you have not downloaded any courseware after registration.
Why is it called Self Paced course?
Self Paced courses are comprised of several learning videos into a course structure broken down into Learning Modules and Sessions. The learner is required to go through the videos topic-wise in the structure sequence of the course to learn the concepts. Being Self Paced, there is no intervention of any external faculty or additional mentor in learning.
Being a self paced course, how will my attendance be tracked and marked?
you login into your training.com account to watch the videos, attendance for it will be marked automatically.
How will the assessment be conducted for my certification?
After each module, a multiple choice questions type online assessment will be conducted. 5 Attempts will be allowed for the assessment to be completed. The minimum pass percentage for each assessment is 70%. On successfully clearing the assessment, a verified certificate from NIIT shall be awarded otherwise the certificate of participation will be issued.
What are the minimum system requirements to attend the course?
- Personal computer or Laptop with web camera
- Headphone with Noise Clarity Microphone
- Broadband connection with minimum bandwidth of 4 mbps.
- Its recommended to use System Health Check to examine the OS details, Add in, Plugins, Camera, Mic and other external devices.
Minimum system requirements for accessing the courses are:
Is there an official support desk for technical guidance during the training program?
Yes.For immediate technical support during the live online classroom sessions, you can call 91-9717992809 or 0124-4917203 between 9:00 AM and 8:00 PM IST. You can write to email@example.com for all other queries and our team will be happy to help you.