About Web Apps Development using Node.js along with Express.js and MongoDB
This course is intended for web developers who would like to skill up on server-side programming using Node.js, Express.js and MongoDB. The combination of these three technologies makes web development far more rich and scalable.
Express.js is a web framework, which makes standard web development much easier, wrapped over core Node.js capabilities.
MongoDB is a NoSQL database system based on JSON storage format. Considering JSON is the de-facto standard for data exchange across web layers, it makes all the more sense to make MongoDB a data repository.
Learners will be able to explore and apply all the key features of the above mentioned technologies to get hands-on experience in creating a real-life application, and build confidence in web apps development.
After completing the course, the learner will be able to:
- Understand Node.js, Express.js and MongoDB framework
- Develop server-side components using Node.js
- Implement event programming
- Implement call-backs and events
- Develop server-side components using Express.js
- Develop RESTful APIs using Express.js for Get, Post and Delete requests.
- Connect to MongoDB using express/node database drivers
- Understand MongoDB storage using JSON format
- Implement NoSQL database operations such as Insert, Update and Delete etc.
- Develop a real-life web application
Module 1: Introduction & setup
- What is Node.js?
- Features of Node.js
- Who Uses Node.js?
- Where to Use Node.js?
- Where Not to Use Node.js?
- Installation on Windows/Linux
- Download Node.js Archive
- Local Environment Setup
- The Node.js Runtime
- Verify Installation: executing a command
Module 2: First application, REPL terminal and NPM
- Create Node.js Application
- Online REPL Terminal
- REPL Commands
- Stopping REPL
- What is Node Package Manager?
- Global vs Local Installation
- Using Package.json
- Attributes of Package.json
- Importing a Module
- Uninstalling a Module
- Updating a Module
Module 3: Node Application framework and Callback Concept
- How Node Applications Work?
- Event-Driven Programming
- What is Callback?
- Understanding blocking and non-blocking models
- Blocking Code Example
- Non-Blocking Code Example
Module 4: Node Application framework and Event Emitter Concept
- Understanding Event Emitters
- EventEmitter Class
- Handling Event emitter and binding event actions.
- Creating custom event emitters
Module 5: Introduction to Global Objects
- setTimeout(cb, ms)
- clearTimeout (t)
- setInterval(cb, ms)
- Global Objects
- Console Object
- Process Object
Module 6: Working with File System
- Synchronous v/s Asynchronous
- Open a File
- Get File Information
- Writing a File
- Reading a File
- Closing a File
- Truncate a File
- Delete a File
- Create a Directory
- Read a Directory
- Remove a Directory
- Methods Reference
Module 7: Working with Streams
- Methods Reference
- Class Methods
- What are Streams?
- Reading from a Stream
- Writing to a Stream
- Piping the Streams
- Chaining the Streams
- Creating Buffers
- Writing to Buffers
- Reading from Buffers
- Convert Buffer to JSON
- Concatenate Buffers
Module 8: Web module
- What is a Web Server?
- Web Application Architecture
- Creating a Web Server using Node
- Make a request to Node.js server
- Creating a Web client using Node
- Hello world Example
Module 9: Express Framework, RESTful API
- Express Overview
- Installing Express
- Request & Response Objects
- Basic Routing
- GET Method – Hello World
- Introduction to Express Middleware - Serving Static Files
- POST Method
- What is REST Architecture?
- Creating RESTful APIs - Get, Post, Put, Patch, Delete
- Capstone Project
Module 10: Working with MongoDB using Node JS and Express JS
- Explain what NoSQL databases are
- Explain the purpose of NoSQL databases
- Describe what MongoDB is
- Identify the schema design and data modelling techniques in MongoDB
- Explain how to insert, update and delete documents from MongoDB collection
- Introduction to Mongoose API
- Connecting to MongoDB using Mongoose
- Create Schema and Model in Mongoose
- Create Express API for
- Inserting Data using Mongoose
- Querying the DB using Mongoose
- Updating existing documents using Mongoose
- Deleting existing documents using Mongoose
- Capstone Project
Module 11: Creating your own custom module
- Creating modules
- Publishing into Node package
- Capstone Project
- Developer cum Trainer with 6+ years experience.
- First Class with Honors in Information technology passed out from Goa College of Engineering.
- Developed a Front End (using Perl/TK) for a utility “Traffic Control” in Linux which would make use of the utility very Simple and easy. Traffic control is a utility which is highly recommended and widely used by the network administrator for Traffic control configuration and bandwidth monitoring. Expertise in analysis, design and web application development.
- In depth knowledge Core Java, Advanced Java, Spring, Hibernate, MongoDB, Node JS, AngularJS, PostgreSQL, XML, Web services in Java.
- Worked with designation as module lead handling module which would execute business logic, along with any new java framework.
- Provide training to the corporate client such as IBM, HoonerTeck Ltd. Etc.
You will be awarded a verified certificate from NIIT on successful completion of the course.
What happens if I miss a session?
In additions to the study material, we provide you with recordings of each session that you can view anytime you want.
What is your refund policy?
After registering for the program if for some reason you are unable or unwilling to participate in the program then you can apply for a refund. You can initiate refund within 7 days of the course start by sending a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your enrolment details and bank account details (where you want the amount to be transferred). Once you initiate a refund request you will receive the amount within 21 days after confirmation of refund request.
What are the minimum system requirements to attend the program?
- A PC/Laptop
- Web Cam
- Headphone with Mic
- Min 1MBPS broadband connection
This self-diagnostic test will verify if you meet the necessary requirements (webcam, mike and internet speed cannot be verified through this link)