The Executive Program in Digital and Social Media Marketing Strategy has been designed to provide a solid foundation for marketers who want to specialize in the Digital and Social Media Marketing. This 6-month certificate course from IIM Calcutta will hone your Traditional Marketing skills followed by Deep Dive into Digital and Social Media Marketing. The course will focus on sharing the latest trends, best practices and technologies for effective Digital Marketing. It will provide in-depth knowledge on Digital Marketing and Analytics including how to plan, implement and measure a digital marketing strategy to create awareness, generate leads and ultimately drive sales. The course instructor will focus on the synergy between in-field practice and in-class learning.
By the end of this course you will:
- Hone your knowledge of Traditional Marketing Management theory
- Gain an in-depth knowledge on Digital Marketing and Analytics concepts
- Be able to Plan, Implement and Measure a Digital Marketing Strategy
- Complete a project of your choosing on Digital and Social Media marketing, guided by a instructor member and an industry mentor
- Sub-Module 1: Customer Value
- Session 1: Introduction to Marketing
- Session 2: Customer Value, Satisfaction and Relationships
- Session 3: Customers’ Buying Behavior
- Session 4: Pricing
- Sub-Module 2: Marketing & The Organization
- Session 5: Marketing Environment
- Session 6: Market Segmentation & Targeting
- Session 7: Marketing Strategy
- Sub-Module 3: Product & Brand Management
- Session 8: Product & Brand Management
- Session 9: Managing Services
- Session 10: Brand Positioning
- Sub-Module 4: Sales & Distribution Management
- Session 11: Personal Selling & Sales Management
- Session 12: Managing Distribution Channels
- Session 13: Direct Marketing
- Session 14: Retailing
- Session 15: Channel Economics
- Sub-Module 5: Marketing Communications
- Session 16 : Advertising-I
- Session 17: Advertising-II
- Session 18: Sales Promotions
- Session 19: Integrated Marketing Communications-I
- Session 20: Integrated Marketing Communications-II
Basics of Digital and Social Media for Effective Digital Commerce
- Inbound Marketing
- Designing creative content for Web pages
- Blog Marketing
- User generated content and their impact on Marketing
- Designing content for Social Media Marketing
- Campaign Management
- Web Analytics
- Organic and paid search advertising and analytics
- Electronic Word-of-Mouth analytics
- Social Media Analytics
- Workshop on tools for Web Analytics
- Workshop on tools for Social Media Analytics
Advanced Digital Marketing Strategies
- Developing holistic digital and social media strategy
- Designing success metrics that are aligned to corporate marketing strategy
- Managing digital marketing projects in organizations
- Identifying and managing talent for digital marketing initiatives
- Developing organizational culture to promote digital marketing
- Cross-platform and cross-media digital marketing
- Interactive gamification and its emerging role in digital marketing
- Context sensitive and location sensitive digital marketing
- Digital marketing using Big Data
- Creativity and innovation in Digital Marketing
The course will be taught by eminent instructor from IIM Calcutta. The course will be co-ordinated by two Course Directors, Prof. Ramendra Singh and Prof. Indranil Bose.
Prof. Ramendra Singh is an Associate Professor of Marketing at IIM Calcutta. He is a Fellow of IIM Ahmedabad, MBA from XLRI Jamshedpur and B. Tech from IIT-BHU. His research has been published in reputed international journals such as Marketing Theory, Industrial Marketing Management and Journal of Business Ethics. His complete profile can be found at https://www.iimcal.ac.in/users/ramendra
Prof Indranil Bose is a Professor of Management Information Systems at the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. He was the founding Chairperson of the Postgraduate Diploma in Business Analytics offered by IIMC, IITKGP and ISL Previously he was a instructor member at the University of Hong Kong, University of Florida, and the University of Texas at Arlington. His degrees include B. Tech (Hons.) from the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, MS from the University of Iowa and MS and PhD from Purdue University. His complete profile can be found at https://www.iimcal.ac.in/users/indranil
In addition to eminent professors from IIM Calcutta, EPDSMMS will also have guest instructor from Industry like:
- Ms. Ami Shah, a Marketer, Co-founder of Intelliassist and visiting instructor at IIMB, IIMC, IIML, IIM Ranchi
- Mr. Sujay Golan, Head of Digital Marketing at InMobi
- Mr. Gautam Ghosh, a consultant in Social Media and HR. He was earlier the director of Talent Branding at Flipkart.
- Mr. Ritesh Naik, co-founder of Ad Magnet, an Internet based advertising firm. He was earlier the CEO of Interactive Avenues, a Sequoia Capital backed digital agency.
- Mr. Omar Syed, a seasoned Digital marketer with over 15 years of experience and the winner of the Best Digital Marketing Professionals in 2013 by World Brand Congress.
There will be exams at the end of each Module. All exams would be assessed on four different grades – Excellent, Good, Average and Poor. Candidates will successfully complete the course if they have received Poor grades in not more than two exams.
All learners must attend at least 80% of all sessions in each module, and get minimum grades to be eligible for certificate of successful completion from IIM Calcutta.
PROJECT COMPONENT: All learners also have to do a compulsory project based on a topic of their choice related to digital and/or social media marketing.
Non-completion of this project would lead to incomplete grade in the course. Each project would be guided by a instructor from IIM Calcutta, besides an industry mentor to be chosen by the learner him/her self. The project would be graded separately by the instructor guide and industry mentor.
- Web Camera
- Headphone with Mic
- Internet Connection with at least 1Mbps speed
- This self-diagnostic test will verify if you meet the necessary software requirements (webcam, mike and internet speed cannot be verified through this link)
What is the course fee and payment options?
The course fee is Rs 1,09,000 plus 15% service tax. We also offer Installments options which is as below:
|Date||On Application||On Registration||April 2017||June 2017|
Note: These amounts do not include taxes. A service tax of 15% will be charged on all transactions.
An Application Fee of Rs. 9,000 + 15% service tax has to be paid at the time of application. In case the candidate is selected for the course, then this amount will be adjusted in the course fee. If the candidate is not selected the entire application fee (along with the service tax) will be refunded.
The Application Fee will NOT be refunded in case of any of the following conditions:
- The application is found to be incomplete or inaccurate at any stage of scrutiny.
- The applicant is offered a seat for the course and does not join before the date mentioned in the offer letter.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is complete in all respects. The selection offer letter is for a specific batch of a course. Neither the offer for admission nor the initial amount is transferable to any other course or batch.
Campus Visit Fee
A mandatory Campus Module fee is to be paid via DD drawn in favor of IIM Calcutta, before every campus visit. This amount includes boarding and lodging. Travel arrangements (including travel expenses) for the campus visit have to be made by the learners themselves.
The Campus Installment to be paid via DD drawn in favor of "Indian Institute of Management Calcutta" payable at Kolkata close to the visit date.
Total campus visit fee (for both campus modules) is Rs. 66,000 plus applicable tax payable directly to IIMC. This amount will be paid over two installments, before the beginning of each campus visit (Rs. 36,000 for the first visit and Rs. 30,000 for the second)
Why Should I join this course?
The course is aimed at Marketing, Advertising, Brand, Product and Sales Executives. It is also relevant to Entrepreneurs, Ecommerce and Freelance executives. Any professional that is planning to implement digital and social media campaigns to create brand awareness, enhance brand recall, generate leads and enhance customer experience can benefit from this course.
What are the class/session timings?
There will be two three hour classes held every Wednesday and Saturday. In addition there will be two campus visits to IIM Calcutta.
What happens if I miss a session?
We provide you with recordings of each session that you can view anytime you want.So if you miss any live class, you may refer to the recordings of that session.
What is your refund policy?
After registering for the course if for some reason you are unable or unwilling to participate in the course then you can apply for a refund. You can initiate refund any time before the start of the course by sending a mail to Support@training.com with your enrolment details and bank account details (where you want the amount to be transferred). Once you initiate a refund request you will receive the amount within 30 days after confirmation of refund request.This is provided you have not downloaded any courseware for the course.
What are the minimum system requirements to attend the course?
- A PC/Laptop
- Web Cam
- Headphone with Mic
- Min 1MBPS broadband connection
- This self-diagnostic test will verify if you meet the necessary requirements (webcam, mike and internet speed cannot be verified through this link)