About the Course
The Executive Program in Digital and Social Media Marketing Strategy has been designed to provide a solid foundation for marketers who want to specialize in the Digital and Social Media Marketing. This 6-month certificate program from IIM Calcutta will hone your Traditional Marketing skills followed by Deep Dive into Digital and Social Media Marketing. The course will focus on sharing the latest trends, best practices and technologies for effective Digital Marketing. It will provide in-depth knowledge on Digital Marketing and Analytics including how to plan, implement and measure a digital marketing strategy to create awareness, generate leads and ultimately drive sales. The Program faculty will focus on the synergy between in-field practice and in-class learning.
By the end of this Program you will:
- Hone your knowledge of Traditional Marketing Management theory
- Gain an in-depth knowledge on Digital Marketing and Analytics concepts
- Be able to Plan, Implement and Measure a Digital Marketing Strategy
- Complete a project of your choosing on Digital and Social Media marketing, guided by a faculty member and an industry mentor
- Sub-Module 1: Customer Value
- Session 1: Introduction to Marketing
- Session 2: Customer Value, Satisfaction and Relationships
- Session 3: Customers’ Buying Behavior
- Session 4: Pricing
- Sub-Module 2: Marketing & The Organization
- Session 5: Marketing Environment
- Session 6: Market Segmentation & Targeting
- Session 7: Marketing Strategy
- Sub-Module 3: Product & Brand Management
- Session 8: Product & Brand Management
- Session 9: Managing Services
- Session 10: Brand Positioning
- Sub-Module 4: Sales & Distribution Management
- Session 11: Personal Selling & Sales Management
- Session 12: Managing Distribution Channels
- Session 13: Direct Marketing
- Session 14: Retailing
- Session 15: Channel Economics
- Sub-Module 5: Marketing Communications
- Session 16 : Advertising-I
- Session 17: Advertising-II
- Session 18: Sales Promotions
- Session 19: Integrated Marketing Communications-I
- Session 20: Integrated Marketing Communications-II
Basics of Digital and Social Media for Effective Digital Commerce
- Inbound Marketing
- Designing creative content for Web pages
- Blog Marketing
- User generated content and their impact on Marketing
- Designing content for Social Media Marketing
- Campaign Management
- Web Analytics
- Organic and paid search advertising and analytics
- Electronic Word-of-Mouth analytics
- Social Media Analytics
- Workshop on tools for Web Analytics
- Workshop on tools for Social Media Analytics
Advanced Digital Marketing Strategies
- Developing holistic digital and social media strategy
- Designing success metrics that are aligned to corporate marketing strategy
- Managing digital marketing projects in organizations
- Identifying and managing talent for digital marketing initiatives
- Developing organizational culture to promote digital marketing
- Cross-platform and cross-media digital marketing
- Interactive gamification and its emerging role in digital marketing
- Context sensitive and location sensitive digital marketing
- Digital marketing using Big Data
- Creativity and innovation in Digital Marketing
The program will be taught by eminent faculty from IIM Calcutta. The course will be co-ordinated by two Program Directors, Prof. Ramendra Singh and Prof. Indranil Bose.
Prof. Ramendra Singh is an Associate Professor of Marketing at IIM Calcutta. He is a Fellow of IIM Ahmedabad, MBA from XLRI Jamshedpur and B. Tech from IIT-BHU. His research has been published in reputed international journals such as Marketing Theory, Industrial Marketing Management and Journal of Business Ethics. His complete profile can be found at https://www.iimcal.ac.in/users/ramendra
Prof Indranil Bose is a Professor of Management Information Systems at the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. He was the founding Chairperson of the Postgraduate Diploma in Business Analytics offered by IIMC, IITKGP and ISL Previously he was a faculty member at the University of Hong Kong, University of Florida, and the University of Texas at Arlington. His degrees include B. Tech (Hons.) from the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, MS from the University of Iowa and MS and PhD from Purdue University. His complete profile can be found at https://www.iimcal.ac.in/users/indranil
In addition to eminent professors from IIM Calcutta, EPDSMMS will also have guest faculty from Industry like:
- Ms. Ami Shah, a Marketer, Co-founder of Intelliassist and visiting faculty at IIMB, IIMC, IIML, IIM Ranchi
- Mr. Sujay Golan, Head of Digital Marketing at InMobi
- Mr. Gautam Ghosh, a consultant in Social Media and HR. He was earlier the director of Talent Branding at Flipkart.
- Mr. Ritesh Naik, co-founder of Ad Magnet, an Internet based advertising firm. He was earlier the CEO of Interactive Avenues, a Sequoia Capital backed digital agency.
- Mr. Omar Syed, a seasoned Digital marketer with over 15 years of experience and the winner of the Best Digital Marketing Professionals in 2013 by World Brand Congress.
There will be exams at the end of each Module. All exams would be assessed on four different grades – Excellent, Good, Average and Poor. Candidates will successfully complete the program if they have received Poor grades in not more than two exams.
All participants must attend at least 80% of all sessions in each module, and get minimum grades to be eligible for certificate of successful completion from IIM Calcutta.
PROJECT COMPONENT: All participants also have to do a compulsory project based on a topic of their choice related to digital and/or social media marketing.
Non-completion of this project would lead to incomplete grade in the program. Each project would be guided by a faculty from IIM Calcutta, besides an industry mentor to be chosen by the participant him/her self. The project would be graded separately by the faculty guide and industry mentor.
- Web Camera
- Headphone with Mic
- Internet Connection with at least 1Mbps speed
- This self-diagnostic test will verify if you meet the necessary software requirements (webcam, mike and internet speed cannot be verified through this link)
Why Should I join this course?
The Program is aimed at Marketing, Advertising, Brand, Product and Sales Executives. It is also relevant to Entrepreneurs, Ecommerce and Freelance executives. Any professional that is planning to implement digital and social media campaigns to create brand awareness, enhance brand recall, generate leads and enhance customer experience can benefit from this program.
What are the class/session timings?
There will be two three hour classes held every Wednesday and Saturday. In addition there will be two campus visits to IIM Calcutta.
What happens if I miss a session?
We provide you with recordings of each session that you can view anytime you want.So if you miss any live class, you may refer to the recordings of that session.
What is your refund policy?
After registering for the program if for some reason you are unable or unwilling to participate in the program then you can apply for a refund. You can initiate refund any time before the start of the course by sending a mail to Support@training.com with your enrolment details and bank account details (where you want the amount to be transferred). Once you initiate a refund request you will receive the amount within 30 days after confirmation of refund request.This is provided you have not downloaded any courseware for the course.
What are the minimum system requirements to attend the program?
- A PC/Laptop
- Web Cam
- Headphone with Mic
- Min 1MBPS broadband connection
- This self-diagnostic test will verify if you meet the necessary requirements (webcam, mike and internet speed cannot be verified through this link)