Post Graduate Certificate in General Management (PGCGM)
The Post Graduate Certificate in General Management (PGCGM) aims at developing competence in the theoretical foundations of management, and simultaneously seeks to inculcate a broad-based understanding of how the theories of management may be applied to managerial problems. The program, developed in conjunction with the different academic groups at IIM Calcutta, offers a holistic understanding of the practice of management. Designed as a part-time program and delivered through the direct-to-device mode, PGCGM provides participants the opportunity to develop applied competencies in general management with minimal impact on their work schedule and professional commitments.
The duration of the program is one year. Three hour sessions over the online platform will be held twice a week. The program includes three campus modules for which participants are required to come to IIM Calcutta campus at Kolkata thrice during the span of one year for face-to-face sessions.
The duration of the three campus modules are 5 days, 9 days and 5 days respectively. Participation in the campus modules is a mandatory requirement for the successful completion of the program. All examinations will be held during the campus visits.
Total contact hours: 336
Class days and timings of online sessions: Saturdays and Sundays, 09:00 am to 12:00 noon
- Acquire basic familiarity with the primary functional specializations in management
- Imbibe a global perspective drawing upon knowledge of economic, social, technological, regulatory and political forces
- Develop the capacity to articulate thinking and ideas through verbal and written communication
- Acquire the leadership qualities and the competence needed for leading organizational change
Who should attend?
The program is aimed at middle level professionals who aspire to develop competencies in general management. The program will be most useful for middle level managers headed towards responsibilities of senior management, and for functional managers moving onto roles in general management.
Finance and Control:
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Cost Management
- Corporate Financial Management
- Human Behaviour at Work
- Designing Effective Organizations
- Marketing and Sales Fundamentals
- Strategic Issues in Marketing Decisions
- India and World Economy
- Statistics for Management
- Operations Research & Decision Analysis
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
Management Information System:
- Managing with Technology
- Strategic Management
Human Resource Management:
- Human Resource Management
Public Policy and Management:
- Business, Government and Society
Business Ethics and Communication:
- Persuasion Skills in Business Communication
- Diagnosis Skills in Business Communication
- Roundtable/Workshop on Ethics
- Simulation game
The pedagogy will leverage use of technology and will be highly interactive. Depending on the course, lectures will be enriched with real life case studies, corporate examples and general discussions. Each course will delve into the latest management theories and best practices to enable participants to deal with complex challenges, and capitalize on emerging opportunities.
Select faculty from IIM Calcutta will conduct this program. Faculty will be chosen from across the different academic groups of the Institute. Profiles of faculty members are available at https://iimcal.ac.in/faculty
All examinations will be held at IIM Calcutta campus. On successfully clearing all the examinations as per the policy of the institute, the participant will receive a certificate from IIM Calcutta. This certificate will be signed by the Director, the Dean (NI&ER) and the Chairperson LDP.
All such candidates who successfully complete the program, will be awarded Alumni status by IIM Calcutta.
Working executives who are graduates (10+2+3 or equivalent) /Post Graduates in any discipline with minimum 50% marks, with an experience profile between 2 and 5 years after graduation and have appeared for CAT/GMAT in 2013/14/15 are eligible. Selection will be on the basis of CAT/GMAT scores and past academic performance.
- Web Camera
- Headphone with Mic
- Internet Connection with at least 1Mbps speed
- This self-diagnostic test will verify if you meet the necessary software requirements (webcam, mike and internet speed cannot be verified through this link) https://na1cps.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
1.What are the class/session timings?
PGCGM is a one year program with 336 contact hours offered through direct-to-desktop online sessions, and 19 days of face-to-face sessions at IIM Calcutta campus. The online classes will be held every Saturday and Sunday from 09:00 AM to 12:00 PM (IST). The batch start date will be announced shortly.
2.What is the program fee and payment options?
The program fee is Rs 3,46,000 plus 15% service tax. We also offer Installments options which is as below:
|Date||On Application||On Registration||Mar 25, 2017||May 25, 2017||Jul 25, 2017|
Note: These amounts do not include taxes. A service tax of 15% will be charged on all transactions.
An Application Fee of Rs. 10,000 + 15% service tax has to be paid at the time of application. In case the candidate is selected for the program, then this amount will be adjusted in the program fee. If the candidate is not selected the entire application fee (along with the service tax) will be refunded.
The Application Fee will NOT be refunded in case of any of the following conditions:
- The application is found to be incomplete or inaccurate at any stage of scrutiny
- The applicant is offered a seat for the program and does not join before the date mentioned in the offer letter
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is complete in all respects. The selection offer letter is for a specific batch of a program. Neither the offer for admission nor the initial amount is transferable to any other program or batch.
Campus Visit Fee
A mandatory Campus Module fee is to be paid via DD drawn in favor of IIM Calcutta, before every campus visit. This amount includes boarding and lodging. Travel arrangements (including travel expenses) for the campus visit have to be made by the participants themselves.
The Campus Installment to be paid via DD drawn in favor of "Indian Institute of Management Calcutta" payable at Kolkata close to the visit date.
Total campus visit fee (for all three campus modules) is Rs. 1,14,000 plus applicable tax payable directly to IIMC. This amount will be paid over three installments, before the beginning of each campus visit.
You can avail a limited period scholarship of Rs. 15,000 on the application fee. Apply before 25th Oct and you can avail a 50% discount on the application fee (Rs. 5000) and a discount of Rs. 10,000 on the Program Fee.
3. What happens if I miss a session?
We provide you with recordings of each session that you can view on our learning portal.
4. Will my application fee be refunded?
If you are selected for PGCGM but choose not to enroll for the program then the application fee will not be refunded. If you are not selected then the entire amount paid by you at the time of application will be refunded.
5. What happens if a candidate has appeared for CAT in 2013/14/15 but has misplaced his/her score card/admit card?
In such a scenario, the candidate is advised to write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning his/her name as it might have appeared in the CAT form, date of birth and the year of examination. Institute will try to retrieve his/her registration number with which he /she will then be able to apply.
6. Does the program provide any placement assistance?
The program does not currently provide any placement assistance. The program is aimed at middle level professionals who want to enhance their knowledge of management and grow to senior roles in their organizations. We believe the well-rounded and robust program curriculum will help them achieve these goals.
7. What Financial & Support Options are available ?
Both installment and loan options are available.
8. When can I apply for a loan ?
You can apply for the loan after 30th November 2016 , once you have been selected for the program. At the moment, you can apply for the program after payment of an application fee.
9. How can I avail the flexible loan option ?
You can avail flexible loan options from our partnered NBFCs. For more information, please call on 18002081050 (toll-free)
10. Will I get any assistance from training.com ? Is there a loan guarantee ?
We are just a facilitator and do not guarantee any loans. It is at the sole discretion of the loan aggregator whether or not to sanction the loan.